Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. pam_scott_48656

pam_scott_48656

Hi,
    I was asked to introduce myself. My name is Pam and my husband Jerry is the real car nut--he just doesn't like computers so much.
    He rebuild/restored a 65 Ford Truck. He also has project cars that we don't have much time to work on. He has his first car, a 65 Belaire. He went to Georgia from Michigan to pick it up, redid the paint and the engine and put the flames on it (1977). Then he jumped over a river to avoid a bear. Fixed it again. Then he let a GIRL drive it--oops! Fixed again (1980). Now it sits in the storage, lonely and forgotten until we get time and money. He also has a 65 Plymouth Fury III. He took it apart and fixed parts, but reality and a new family came first. It is still here also. The neighbor had an old Chevy Truck 1 1/2 Ton in the backyard that Jerry always looked at. When he died, the family sold it to us. Along with the other projects, one more was too much.
    He was almost going to scrap it. Until I convinced him we should try Ebay. Apparently the neighbor told him the wrong year, because I listed it as a 37. According to the pictures, it is a 34 or 35, which is when I came to you for help. Any ideas? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1937...649&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true
    Thanks!
    Pam

2. xwing01

xwing01

welcome and good luck

3. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from.wi

4. Welcome. I'm no expert, but I think you're right in assuming your truck is not a '37. It appears like you said to be a '34, '35 or maybe even a '36. In some states back at the time this truck was new, vehicles got titled as the year they were first purchased not necessarily the yr. of manufacture. If a Chevrolet dealer didn't move this truck for a yr. or so it could have been originally registered as a '37 thus creating the confusion.....Don.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

Welcome from Northville.

6. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from th e east bay Ca.