Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi ... my intro

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mpls 40, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

hi there...

I've been a lurker here for many years - several friends are members - d picasso, 36 3-window ... a few others too.

I live in Minneapolis and am a graphic Designer. I've been into hot rods since ... my dad pushed me around the car shows in a stroller. My dad always had (and still has) nice cars ... 40 coupes, deuces, etc. My first car was a '51 mercury - bought it as a 45k mile original - bias-ply wide whites, flipper hub caps, slammed it, put in a small bock chev and drove it through high school and college - from the first spring day with clean streets until the first snow of winter (or just after if I was unlucky). Many, many fun miles on that car. Took it to one of the KKOA deals in Springfield MO ... '86 I think?

Sold it to purchase a '40 coupe. 36 3-window did a bunch of work squaring things away on it - it's also small block chevy powerd, '39 trans, stock rear, brakes, etc. The black lacquer has been on it for about 25 years - it's held up well. Mexican blanket interior has served me well for many years - maybe it'll have rolls & pleats someday.

I'm also into bikes - don't mean to get off topic here - but lurking for as long as I have, I've noticed there seems to be some interest - briefly I have a '67 Triumph TR6 (my living room bike), a '75 Norton MkIII Commando and a '75 Honda CB400F - mildly cafe'ed (rearsets, clubman bars, solo seat) ...

I'll be at the Roundup - my first time there ... flying into DFW and driving a rental down early in the day on Friday - it'd be fun to take the '40, but those 3:78's would give the car too much of a work out. Hopefully another year. Looking forward to seeing Dan - and meeting a few others from the HAMB. Wish I could make it down in time for Hotwheel's garage tour ... also wish I coulda drove his A coupe home ...

I'm going to do my best to post some pics here ... not too optimistic about how successful I'll be.

John, I mean ... Mpls 40

My old Merc (selling it = big mistake #1)
    [​IMG]

My '40
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my bikes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RoadKat

RoadKat

Hey that cant be a 40 Ford and a 51 Merc theres way too much glass in the windows. Just kidding they are real cool, welcome to the garage and u can park next to my old 49 Ford with too much glass.

3. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

Nice rides! welcome from the 505

_T

4. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB! Cool car and bikes. CH

5. hey , JP.....not a lot of response yet , you got off lucky

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Kick ass stuff, welcome aboard from another designer! :cool:

Seriously very cool bikes and cars.

I think this is the year I sell my Ducati and get an old Triumph. (though I know I'll regret not keeping the Duc)

7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome to the HAMB from a fellow Minnesotan. Nice intro and thanks for the pics.