Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from the UK..

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 282doorUK, Mar 6, 2015.

1. 282doorUK

282doorUK

Hi folks, came to this site after searching for info on my new acquisition, an impulse buy that has turned out to be so much better than I expected!
    I had no idea that the Chevy of '28 was the final incarnation of the 4 cylinder before the Stovebolt, so it looks like I may have got the best type of the breed.
    It will be a rolling resto which may take some years as my preference nowadays is to drive in the sun rather than struggle in the shed...a few minor sleeper mods in the name of safety and reliability, nothing more.
    Unmolested apart from someone waving what looks like a rattle can or two of metallic paint over it many years ago without any preparation, luckily this is now flaking off,
    DSCF5411.JPG

edit: The '1928 Chevy 4 cyl motor' thread is having a strong effect on me and I'm now thinking a little more power might not go amiss at motor rebuild time, I never could leave anything be!

edit #2 IK is a little bit misleading DOH, it should read UK, mods please fix this for me please...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Very nice car you have there!...looks clean.....you really had some definate luck beating the 'rust' issue in the UK when it's so prominent on the older cars.... there is a lot of people who can help with your new acquistion as you start your project....have fun :)

3. Welcome from the highlands. What a stunning car!

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit - nice looking car