Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from Texas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by deeddude, Sep 9, 2011.

1. deeddude

deeddude

Good afternoon from Beach City, Texas. I’ve been checking this site out for some time. I stumbled across this site and joined a while back to contact a HAMBer about a car in San Antonio, stuck around and found a wealth of information. I’ve used the search function quite a bit and I’ve learned a ton in a short period of time.
    I’ve built and raced cars for the last 10+ years, I moved to my new house 3 years ago and have yet to build a shop, thanks economy. I have no time to race because I work 7 days a week. (Oxymoron, long story and I type slow) I decided I wanted an old car to drive and fix-up as I go, one that could be driven on public roads, legally. The car I wanted in S.A. (54’ Bel Air) needed more work than what I can do with my present situation. I already had everything planned out for the build even though I hadn’t bought the car yet, but I had to back out of the deal. My neighbors and the HOA were two of the reasons I didn’t get the car. Apparently to keep the car in the driveway it needs to be registered and have current tags. So now I’m looking for a running and driving car; the car doesn’t need to have a muffler.
    I will be asking for advice from time to time. Don’t know if I have much to offer except sarcasm and encouragement. I enjoy the pictures and tech info that you guys post; I guess I’m living vicariously through these builds. My plans are for my wife and I to attend the Lone Star Round-Up next year and as many car shows that our time allows, even if I have to call in sick. As soon as I get a car I will become an alliance member, I will need parts and I like getting a discount. I’ve already picked out the rims.
    Thanks for reading, Deed

2. robleticia

robleticia

Good luck finding a car and welcome from Angleton!

3. Welcome. You will fit in well with the rest of us "tech-less" HAMB guys.....

4. rs57

rs57
    from oklahoma

welcome from oklahoma to the h.a.m.b. lots of great guys and info. here and cars coming up for sale so fast you cant hardly keep up [ at least i cant ]] good luck on your search robert :)

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Welcome Tex and hope to meet you at next year's LoneStar.

6. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Welcome from beaumont!

7. deeddude

deeddude

Thanks guys. I'm working on a deal now for a running, driving 54' Bel Air. It's out of state, but overall nice for 50+ years old. One of my co-workers has shown me pictures of the round-up from a few years back and it's motivated me to get a car running and that can make the trip.

Thanks again for the welcome.

8. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett--this is a great time to get into the hobby or should I have said "I've never seen such cheap prices on great iron". Anyway, welcome.

9. pecker head

pecker head

Welcome ! See you in Austin in april !

10. deeddude

deeddude

Thanks guys, looking forward to meeting you all in Austin. I'm reading up now on transportation for my new found car, hopefully I can make a deal and have this car soon.

I can see my neighbors faces now. HA...HA... I wonder what a 235 I6 sounds like without a muffler.:eek:

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Welcome from the DFW! See you at the Roundup!

12. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Welcome from Missouri

13. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands! I'm actually planning on going to the Lone Star Spring Nationals next year......can't wait!

14. Welcome From CT!

15. JMD82

JMD82

Welcome from Houston!!

16. Welcome from the cultural center of the universe, Oklahoma!

17. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Welcome from Victoria.

18. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

Welcome from Ga

Grommet

19. Welcome from Justin Tx

20. deeddude

deeddude

Thanks everyone, hopefully in the next few days i'll be the proud owner of a 54' bel air. Spoke with the owner late last night and we've come to an agreement, just waiting on a time to get it transported.

I think I've read every post on how to lower the 54', bags, cut springs, blocks,etc... i'm looking for a post I ran accross last week, on bagging a 50's, but didn't bookmark it, I make a new post for that.

Anyway, as soon as I get the car and some pics I'll post them to show everyone what I'm working with.

Thanks again for the welcomes.

21. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Welcome from san tone, hope u get your ride...if not u should still hit the roundup.

22. GTSDave

GTSDave

Welcome from Richmond/Rosenberg!

-Dave

23. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol