Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from New Jersey

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rickles, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Rickles

Rickles

Hi folks, new guy here. I'm looking for a '32-ish Ford Hot Rod; I have a '67 Chevelle SS look-a-like with a Chevy ZZ427/480 hp, 5 speed Legend trans. I know a lot of people debate the build vs. buy controversy. I bought it with only 350 miles on the frame-off restoration/build. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage or shop, so couldn't build it in the driveway. I have done a lot of small things to it, though.

I've been a car nut/gearhead since about age two, worked as a mechanic in dealerships and gas stations in my younger years. I feel very humbled reading the threads here; there is soooo much I don't know. I retired as an elementary school teacher about 10 years ago. Have one ex-wife, two kids, and two grandchildren.

Also loved to surf until a few years ago; a non-surfing related rotator cuff injury stopped that.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Welcome to the hamb sir :D

3. Rickles

Rickles

4. Welcome from Southern Maryland. Enjoy your HAMBtime...........Don.

5. Rickles

Rickles

Thanks, Don.

6. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana. Most don’t care about the build versus buy thing here just like we don’t get in brand fights. Period correct and tradition is important in the forums so obviously I wouldn’t post any pics of the Chevelle as by year and styling it doesn’t fit. That’s fine as well, only one of my 4 vehicles fit here (and a few would say it doesn’t but that’s ok). Good luck in your search for your next Hot Rod! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Rickles

Rickles

Thanks, Randy.

8. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

9. Rickles

Rickles