Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi from Indy. New to the site. Building a '23 Track Roadster. Was dads so have a lot of questions.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by JEFFREY S. FAIRFAX, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Anyone out there know of Dale Fairfax? He was big into Street Rods. Unfortunately passed away 5 years ago in January. He had built his first version of the '23 back in 1964. wrecked it in 1976 and then built 2 rolling chassis for it but was never satisfied. Anyway, long story short. He designed and started building a new frame for the roadster but never finished it. I decided about 2.5 years ago to build it. With some help from a fabricator, we are using what dad started. What I'm having issues with is finding parts for things like the backing plates that dad has on the rear axle. The numbers are stamped in the backing plates but figuring out what year and buying the brake parts to match has been somewhat of a challenge. Anyone out there have knowledge about tis sort of thing?
    Bendix
    314819L
    Bendix
    30550 (thats all I can see on the right side, if it helps)
    Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Hello from Northern Indiana! Hope one of the moderators will move this post as this is for introductions, not technical questions like this. Next, the resident experts will need some good pics to help. Post them after this gets moved. Good luck in your search and with the project. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. @JEFFREY S. FAIRFAX

Wow. Yes, Jeff .. .. your dad was quite the Ford poster here. A great source for hard numbers, & tech' posts.

@Dale Fairfax was his handle.

If you go thru his postings, he was always a no bullsh*t kind of guy. Definitely miss him. I'm sorry for his & your loss.

Take care, & keep posting. Especially pictures of your stuff.

Here's your dad's 1st post. -->

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/intoduction.90659/

If you go to his profile, you can view every topic he discussed, and everything he "likened.

Take care, & God bless you & yours.

Jamie