Register now to get rid of these ads!

HHO Gas, Is this our future?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sean, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Sean

Sean

HHO gas or Aquygen is a novel gas produce from water using electricity. Hydrogen Tech Apps alreadys has a welder in production and they are developing a hybrid setup for combustion engines. Pretty neat stuff.

Have a look at their website http://hytechapps.com
    You might want to look at the QuickTime video stream on the site.

2. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Sean-- yeah i've seen reports and read about this. Using water the way they do is almost unbelievable. My feelings is that for newer cookie cutter cars-- i'd love to see them running on something clean like water, etc. Removing majority reliance on oil for gasoline would be a huge win (remember what $$ powers our religious fanatic enemies in the middle east.) Hell, those cars all sound like shit anyway-- so make em silent as well as clean.

So, i'm all for getting rid of the traditional gas station.... Traditional gas can then be a niche market for "classic" cars, and perhaps (hope) pricing wont be that crazy because demand for oil would be down greatly. Just deliver me some 55g drums of old school fuel and i'm good!

-scott noteboom

3. I don't trust the guy. He's a slick salesman. He uses electrolysis to separate water, which uses expensive electricity. Unless you have a free (including capital cost) source of electricity, it doesn't make sense.

At current crude prices and if corn prices don't get too high, ethanol would be a better alternative. If you could figure out a safe way to compress your own natural gas, that would be cool, too. Of course these only make sense because you skip the road and sales taxes.

4. lolife

lolife

I saw a sign in the newspaper that listed ethanol (E-85) at 3.00 a gallon, and regular low-grade at 3.69 in San Diego. As they say, gasoline is in the depletion economy mode now. Fixed supply, high demand, thus the price is going exponential. Which is good, because then more alternatives become available.