Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HF Professional Tool Line

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51504bat, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Seriously? Threads go off topic all the time. A couple of comments off the main topic and you're calling on the moderators? WTF???? You're a little sensitive, eh?

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

No kidding...

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Not sensitive at all. The point that I was trying to make is that threads have been stopped for less reasons than that. You are the sensitive one

4. GTS225

GTS225

I can't help but wonder what this Coronavirus thing is going to do the the supply chain.

Roger

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Not just in tools, but in a lot of products.

6. Well...there’s fear in the Auto Industry..many of them use parts from suppliers in China...

7. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yeah, right. That's why you asked "Where are the moderators?". If you said something about bringing the discussion back on topic to avoid having he thread shut down, that would make sense. You sounded like a little girl going to tell her mommy on the boys cause they were doing something naughty.

dirty old man likes this.
  8. GTS225

GTS225

Yeah, Joe.....you're right. Not only in manpower to get the products made, but can the virus "infect" the packaging, and survive the trip to a different continent? If so, we could have another outbreak a year after this one gets under control.

Roger

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It sure is nice that HF has started making quality products, with the demise of Sears it was getting hard to buy a quality tool that you could afford to have in your garage.

57JoeFoMoPar likes this.
  10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I have a commercial grade vacuum I bought used as well as a Duo-fast stapler, both made in Italy. Very good quality tools. Wouldn`t replace them with any other brand. When you have double and triple of certain tools you have acquired over the years. You learn which one is the best and you grab for that one when the opportunity arises to get the job done. No matter what brand it is.

11. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

Thrir torque wrenches are also made in Taiwan. I read a lot of reviews on them, most all were positive, before I bought a couple $10 specials for torquing lug nuts. Needed a in/lb wrench for a O/T intake manifold, found one with the correct range. Just BEWARE on the in/lb wrenches - they had two different ranges at the time I bought mine, about 5-6 years ago.

Still debating IF I want to bother with a ratchet kit for my 40 year old Craftsman 1/2" drive wrench...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  12. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

That's it I am telling my mommy! And you guys can't come to my birthday party!:D:D

Blues4U likes this.
  13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

With everybody saying good things about HF, I thought I`d try them out again. Bought a $70 3/8 air drill. I drill at least 1000 holes a year. Have multiple air drills with different size bits and step drill bits and counter sink bits. Finding a air drill is harder than you think. Nobody carries them anymore. For example, Wal-Mart caries air chisels but not air drills. I`ll report how it does.

14. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

If the HF doesn't fare well, try looking at some of the home built airplane sites that sell tools. They have varying quality grades/prices and even some made for getting into very tight places.

6-bangertim likes this.