Register now to get rid of these ads!

heyitsnate's 36 5w! dream come true!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by heyitsnate, Oct 9, 2011.

1. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i just finished up a bike build, and was talking to my friend, looking for a project. we were talking about our favorite cars,and of course i mentioned the 1936 ford coupe. he said " i have one,you should buy it" to which i replied "i can't afford it!" of course my curiosity got the better of me and i asked two important questions..."is it a roller,and does it have fenders?" .
    "yes". we worked out a deal and almost a month later i was going to pick it up. i agreed to the deal sight unseen with minimal additional info. it was the hardest month ever,dreaming of what its like every night, going over drivetrain options,tires and wheels, not knowing what it had,what it didn't...torture. well my friends i can tell you that i have some of the best pals i could ever hope for,from the previous owner to my shop mates that went and got it with me. i'm overcome with good vibes. this is what i saw when i arrived.pics.[​IMG]

2. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

3. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Nice! What are your plans for it?

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Body looks good. Loads of potential. Good one!

5. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

36's are sweet. Yours looks like a clean one. I chopped mine 4" and 3". Good luck and keep us posted.

Attached Files:

6. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

got it home, and inspected it. it's quite nice for the most part, typical rust and some dents and damage, but definately worth going the distance. every single cage nut is sheared ,lots of pinholes, 2 floors both rusted out....ITS PERFECT!!!!!
    some extras.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upon getting it home we immediately drove to gods country to aquire some needed parts
    [​IMG]
    picked up a roof patch, front crossmember and an almost useable cowl :)
    [​IMG]
    so now comes the time consuming part. metalwork.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

sorry for the blurry pics. my hands were shaking for a week after getting it.
    did i mention it came with a rebuilt 59AB? it looked stock but i had to look. what i found- 4" crank .60 over, adjustable lifters, reground 5T cam, and a really nice relief job on the block. this baby is screaming for a 2x2, some high compression heads and a T-5!!
    [​IMG]

i got the munched firewall out , and started some repair on the donor, still in progress,but heres a mockup. you'll notice the roached front crossmember. part of me wants to drop and repair this one, my conservative side tells me to swap them and be done. we'll see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i know it's kind of off topic, but here's the bike that will be funding part of this build. my plan is to make the car as nice (not as freaky) as the bike. unfortunately paint and finish has become a habit for me (an expensive one),but it is far more rewarding in the long run. it will not be the craziest 36 on the hamb. i dig restraint on these cars.
    [​IMG]

9. Cool project! There's a 36 5-winder in my town that is just begging to be fixed up.
    Problem is it's owner doesn't know he needs to sell it to me. Hahaha
    I've asked twice so far, I'll just wait and save up my money.

Good luck with yours. Any body mods planned?

10. Love that bike you built and your coupe should turn out just as nice. Keep the updates coming on your coupe.

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

any updates?

12. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

enh! grumbler nate is back!! the bike builds have been epic. Can't wait to see your take on the 36!!!

what is your goal? where are you going with this one?

13. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

I love what you are doing, great job. I dearly miss my 36 even though it belonged to my brother , I did the work. Nothing but great line IMO.....

14. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Pretty cool dude! Can't wait to see what you have planned for it! I have been working on getting a '36 5 window from an old guy down the street from me for the past ten years or so... Hopefully one of these days I'll make him budge. Definitly one of my favorite cars of all time.

15. That's a dream come true for sure. Sweet bike to!

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

17. richie rebel

richie rebel

come on,more pics

18. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

I was like "Holy Smoke" what happened to that original firewall! looking good!

19. Cymro

Cymro

Hot Rod or Custom??????? The suspense is killing us!

20. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dude!! the silly welsh are getting antsy, what is the plan! next thing we know, we will all be welsh!! ;)

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Nice Nate...real nice.....
    Will be cool to see a '36 with yer kinda twist on it....
    Don't forget a hitch to tow a bike though.....

22. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

So Whats going on with this car????

We all want an update. ;)

23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

been busy, I've been taking pics, nothing exciting enough to publish yet, once I have enough to keep an interesting post moving I will post a build thread. sounds strange but I like to work on repair and stare at a project for a good month or 2 and it will tell me a clear direction to go. I love these cars as customs but I'm leaning a little towards 50's schoolboy hotrod....time will tell, there's a lot of issues to address before style...

24. heyitsnate

heyitsnate