Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey what's up

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by randombob, Apr 7, 2021.

1. randombob

randombob

Hello,

I'm Bob, out of northern California. I grew up on FE block fords mostly. I'm the black sheep in my family, I went for tech and hacking instead of fabricating and building hotrods. My pops passed and left a cherry 32 truck I dont want to tear up, so I started into an early build. (but with disc brakes 390 9 inch read right?)

Before my grandpa went, he sent me over to another Bob (he might be on here, Bob builds four bangers, hi Bob!) who sold me a 26 T roadster body with a decent bed, the top, windshield stanchions, dash and title. I got pretty lucky that my grandpa had most of the chassis parts in his scrap (tripped over a banjo axle covered in leaves. i went to flip over another banjo and it had the ebrake cable wrapped around my leg. safety. anyways.), and he and his brother both gave me a flathead.

So over the course of the last year I learned a lot about early (earlier) fords, and my build reflects it (im sure irontrap videos helped with the subliminal messaging). Also 220 isn't very accessible in my house right now and my build reflects it. That's about it.

Bob

2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.
    Sounds like a great project you're working on.

3. Kilted54

Kilted54
    from Illinois
    1. A-D Truckers