Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey South Texas folks! I have a transmission that needs a ride to Houston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, May 30, 2013.

1. The Doug Nash tranny for our Bonneville Lakester is sitting boxed at a shop in McAllen Texas. It needs a ride to the Houston area. 6inarow's brother lives in the Houston area and can pick it up and get it to Tom and I up here. If anyone can help us it would be great, If not, we are off to some shipper. TIA, Trent and the Spirit of South Dakota Racing Team.

2. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I will be heading down that direction in a week or two...going as far as Kings Ranch...or parts there abouts. If the box is clean (wifes car) I can move it for you.

3. FenixSpeedShop

FenixSpeedShop

By when do u need it in Houston? I'm in McAllen and have a trip up there second half of June

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. I would have to check on the box

This sounds like one of the best options so far. We are not in a huge hurry but it is holding up the progress on the rear of the car. June may work.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

6. I have had good luck with Bus freight, weight wise this one is close to the edge I believe, thanks for the reminder tho!

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Contact Lewie at www.rgvoldcars.com

They are in McAllen and might be able to help.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

8. Lets try this again. JD has been patient but I need to get this thing North. Our swap at Bonneville fell apart.

9. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

My son will be driving home from college in Corpus on Monday the 25th. He is driving my HHR to East Bernard Texas 60 miles west of down town Houston. If he has room and you can get it to Corpus and you toss him a bit of gas money(he is putting himself through school). He could get it to me here. I will be going into Houston to the machine shop soon.
    713 254 9276

10. 46stude

46stude

If fossil's deal don't work......

If you can get it to near Corpus Christi, I'll be in the Houston area Sat December 7th & can deliver it to 6inarow's brother.

11. Monday may be too quick, I will see if I can get in touch with JD

I will also work this angle.

Plus, if anyone is heading to Tulsa my brother just moved there as an option?

Thanks guys!

12. 46stude

46stude

Any of you guys down there come up towards Kingsville, or even Falfurrias? I could get that far south for a hand-off fairly easily.

13. Thanks 46, the last person I thought of asking who should have been the first is going to be able to pick it up! That will at least get it moving.