Register now to get rid of these ads!

HEY PORTLAND AREA HAMBERS-WHERE TO HANGOUT?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by el Roach, Oct 7, 2003.

1. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going to be in the Portland on Thursday and Friday this week, and was wondering where I could hangout during the day (while the 'ol lady is teaching)? I'd like to meet some of you guys if you're available during the day, or find a hot rod garage (?) etc to check out. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the help.
    Rick

2. You should go see Marty at Northwest Customs http://www.northwestcustoms.net

He is a real nice guy and has some insane stuff in his shop. Ask him to light the flames on Christine for you, or fire up the nailhead in Bad-Kharma, his 13 inch Z'd sedan with an insane nailhead and, uh, sparse interior.

Other than that, I'm not real familiar w/ Portland.

3. dondanno

dondanno

Rick what side you gonna be on?...Danny

4. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MYTLO56 - thanks for the info...looks like somewhere to check out.
    Danny....I can be about anywhere. We're staying on the eastside, but I have nothing to do but cruise around during the day. What's up?
    Thanks
    Rick

5. dondanno

dondanno

Martys place is southeast of Portland, I am on the west side on friday during the day I may have time to trip around. I have an upholstery job I am doing for Marty but I am waiting the vinyl. Give me a call when you get here. 503 209 4508....Danny

6. <font color="red">A must see is the Portland area STRIP CLUBS!!!!!!...Nekkid Hot chicks and Booze in the same place!!....Kmember says the best is the Accropolis. . .even said the food was dood!

R E D M E A T </font>

7. DrJ

DrJ

There's a "cruise night" behind the Vancouver Air Museum,at the Vancouver airport, near Fort Vancouver across the river from Portland just off the 5 and I think it's Thursday night, if it hasn't changed date or location or closed up for winter. It's mostly chainer stret rods but what "cruise" isn't?

8. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny - Thanks, I'll definately give you a shout.
    REDMEAT - Ya, there's one titty bar across from a fabric store that my wife likes to go to......I let her stay in that one as long as she likes ! [​IMG]
    DrJ - Hey, appreciate the heads up about the cruise...will try to take that in if there's time!

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rick is good people, for a fag anyways...

Rick, resubmit for those postings. I have a guy who is interested in talking to you there, Homer.

10. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Homo [​IMG] ...uh I mean Homer.
    I'll give him a shout

11. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

I'll be working - at home. If ya want to stand in the shop and drink a coffee or a beer, let me know. There's always Old Car Parts, too, if you are looking for old car parts.

Shoot an e-mail, if ya want...

12. dondanno

dondanno

dusty where you at?

13. Spooky

Spooky

This be Thursday or Friday? If it is Friday, I may be able to meet ya at Danny's shoppe and shoot the breeze. That is if the Lemon Krate is behaving.
    Spook [​IMG]

14. I don't get it? All the neat car places in the Portland area and you're headed to titty bars? Go figure........ [​IMG]

15. dondanno

dondanno

I should have said this ahead of time Rio, If you wanna check out some car stuff we can. I if you wanna go to the strip clubs thats cool too, but I dont go to them sorry. But anything else is cool. Good point Zap...

16. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

I am up in St John's, by the Freddy's, Danno. I will e-mail you a number, if you are ever over here the standing in the shop invitaion is open to you too.

I still want to get a look at your Chevy, but have been hectic for the past few weeks. If we don't meet when Roach is in town - what does "west Portland" mean?

Aw, I will just give you a call tomorrow...

17. old beet

old beet

West Portland=Beaver Town.........OLDBEET

18. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd really like to check out all the garages, cars, parts etc. and meet as many people as I can. Thursday and Friday. I have Danny's number, and my cell # is 509-539-1445 so let's hook up.
    I'm leavin this afternoon, so won't be back at the computer.
    Look forward to meetin everyone.
    Rick

19. The_Monster

The_Monster

Just a general reply here, and I dont want to hijack the thread, even tho theres only one day left on it before Rick leaves... But have all the HAMBers that live in the Oregon area met up all at once, maybe in someones garage? Just wondering if it has already happened, since I'm the new comer.

I've met with a number of the Tie-Rods, met a couple HAMBers at the drags and met with Marty and re-designed their North West Customs logo for him.

I think it would be cool sometime this winter maybe to all meet up. Maybe even some people from WA or who ever would want to come.

Unfortunatly, I dont have a garage or I'd offer. Maybe someone that has a garage with heat? haha [​IMG]

anyways, just an idea

20. dondanno

dondanno

Not quite bevertown, I am sw 52nd off Taylors Ferry just east of Tigard about 15 blocks... Munster thats a great idea but I only have a car port but my upholstery shop has heat....

21. All HAMB members are always welcome at my garage, but my heat is a propane space heater......FUCKING LOUD!!!!! as a redeeming quality, the garage is also equipped with a keg....

22. <font color="red"> Man open invite to all hambers at your GARAHE!!!!1....that could be dangerous with the COFFINS only a few hours drive from ya!!.....watch out we may take you up on that!!

R E D M E A T

23. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Anybody wanna come over Saturday?
    I am in St Johns.
    I have no heat and no keg, but there is a Freddy's across the street. You can buy jackets and beer there.
    You won't even notice the chill after a few brews.