Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey! Phoenix H.A.M.B.ers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Had a great double wineburger!! There was 5 total that show'd up. Good times!!!

2. BenAlan

BenAlan

wow...that just gave me chills! ha ha...yes I do have a sister that lives pretty close to me...I told my dad about this forum and he said that he talked to the new neighbor the other day and that he has a Model A...Wow...! I'm going to have to get some new locks for the garage! ha ha

3. BenAlan

BenAlan

wait...now who's buying you lunch?!?

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ben, I'm just 2 miles from you at 3rd street And Oak. Don Marks lives just on the other side of 24th street from you, and Nick just on the other side of 51.

5. BenAlan

BenAlan

So many people so close...I guess I don't even need my A to run that great to meet up with you guys! I blew a hole in the radiator moving the car to the backyard so it's not going anywhere soon and theres the issue with title and everything!

6. Have you been able to recreate that B&W photo of the rods in front of the bar minus all the late-model hooey?

7. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Yeah Ben, I'm the guy next to your sisters house with the fence of 64's out front. Also, if we follow Chip's plan you all owe me lunch once a week.

8. Another Phoenix member here, anyone of you guys ever do cruise nights or anything? Or know of any local area car clubs?

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hell yes we do! There are tons of car clubs out here, and the downtown gang that is mostly on here on this thread manages to have dinner and a drive together just about once a week. We are now starting to meet up on Central just north of Camelback on Saturday nights and take a ride somewhere, and we frequently do stuff sort of spontaneously via text and face book. The best deal is just give me a call or just show up.... Pretty easy to jump into this group!

10. I snapped the photo below while out for brunch this past Sunday at Hula's Modern Tiki, it seemed like everyone had their car out and it really helped get my wife to finally agree on a car with me lol!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  11. Awesome! I actually used to live at 7th St and Camelback but just bought a house by 19th Ave and Camelback so either way I am still close! Ill keep an eye out for the local meet ups. My wife does a lot of stuff in the pin-up scene out here and I know her friend Kandy and her boyfriend do a lot of car shows and are in a local club but I havent had a chance to talk to them about it yet.

Whats the name of the place you guys have been meeting just out of curiousity?

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just the little strip center North of Camelback on the west side of Central. D.Q. is the closest business. That blown '31 is Hot Rod Rick's from the Indian School and 16th street area, and he drives it tons like most of us. My 'Bucket is my daily at this point, too.

13. Haha thats awesome, I plan on daily driving the '57 here shortly too and everyone at work is looking at me like I have 5 heads. Eventually I will get a beater daily but I can only afford 1 thing at a time! Have any Phoenix area facebook pages or groups you suggest me joining/liking?

14. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Rumor has it some of these downtown hoodlums are gonna unify into some sort of organization pretty soon.

Search facebook for Nicky Flores.... My avatar' isthe same here and there. I'm usually in the mix for these schenanigans and you'll find a lot of the other dudes are on my page.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Or for that matter Chip Quinn on facebook.

16. Requested both of ya, Tom Blamey here.

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I wasn't going to volunteer anyones info... but yeah, Chip is on facebook more than the lovely young lady Flores...

18. 53'BuickAZ

53'BuickAZ
    from Phoenix

Great to see Phoenix activity on here... I subscribed and will definitely take my 53' Buick out to cruise central sometime soon... Saturday nights around 8pm right? I'd really like to start taking the nailhead out for some fresh air... and to meet some fellow AZ classic cruisers. - Rob -

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. BenAlan

BenAlan

nothing like a BS for $2.49 at DQ