Register now to get rid of these ads!

hey jersey guys, hows the cowtown swap meet???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt55bc, Mar 21, 2009.

1. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

just wonderin if its worth the drive from connecticut??? the flyer says its the 38th annual so i guess its stood the test of time. the flyer says, SOUTH JERSEY REGION A.A.C.A. at the salem county fairgrounds.(formerly held at cowtown)

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

A good local swap meet with real parts from real garages........not big enough that I would drive from Connecticut.......OK if you're coming from anywhere in Delaware, SE Pennsylvania, and Jersey.....always a crap shoot as to what will be on display.....

I usually spend some money there though....

CB

3. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

well i travel up to your lake compouce and stafford springs swap meets, so i say come on down to nj. for me i still travel about 1 1/2 down the nj turnpike to cowtown every year. (spring only - fall swap meet suck -my .02) easy pull down the pike to the last exit, then zig and zag thur 2 lights and back up local road for a few miles. about 5 -10 mins off the pike.
    smaller the lake compouce and starts early in the am. never know what you might find there and if you like to make a day out of it, you can head over to Maple Grove Raceway in Pa, they have their 2 day swap meet on the same weekend. so, morning in NJ afternoon in Pa then a long ride home. that's my game plan, but plans do change. maybe head up to Acto Raceway in NJ, their running a test and tune on sunday.

would you be coming across the GW Bridge or Tappazee ?

4. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

probably tappan zee.

5. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

my .02 cents
    if your running out of bridgeport just go over the GW and jump on the NJ pike south. you just run the pike from the top to the bottom. if you go over the Tappan-Zee you run the GSParkway to the pike, that's a roundabout way to get there.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

It's not worth the trip just for the swap meet. Lots of vendors with cheap sandpaper and body work supplies, some good stuff here and there, especially for SBCs. All it takes is a morning of walking around and it's pretty much over by 2.

I'm 20 minutes away in Wlmington, when is the swap meet this year?

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

This coming Sunday.....March 29th....

CB

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Hey Bruce will ya pick me up .......................

9. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Hey Al, how about you pick me up?

Anyone near me (somerset county) want to go?

10. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Yes, Al...I will...you're not very far out of the way.........we can stop and pick up MIKE47 too! ;^)

CB

11. Just add some confusion - there's a swap meet in Stirling on Sunday as well. It's pretty small, but I always find something to buy. It's mostly old car stuff -not Mustang/Camaro/Chevelle parts, no lawnmowers or snowblowers like E-town.

12. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

at the high school?
    that was a great little show

13. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

http://www.lhcommunitycenter.org/43nd_annual_watchung_mt.htm

14. WHARTON

WHARTON

Anyone thats been to the cowtown event is this a indoor outdoor type of swap never been before and last time i looked weather wasn't looking to good?

15. come on bruce still dont know how to get out of ct you would go over the gw than on the turnpike, t. junky .i have to work oh yeah belmont raceway is also this weekend just to totally screw you up just my 2 cents ha ha

16. W,
    It's a combo deal, some stuff in buildings/sheds and the rest outdoors. The Salem County Fairgrounds , where this meet is held, is on a one-lane-in-each-direction road, 'Rule of thumb - get there early or you'll spend a lot of time sitting in traffic.