Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey, from Canada"s West coast.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Spaceclam, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Spaceclam

Spaceclam

I'm pretty new to this posting stuff on the net thing, especially for the purposes of talking old cars, but for a guy on a budget who like things the old way(none of that plastic, computerized, over priced crap they try to sell us off the car lots these days) I find it best to check out what other folks (who are of similar opinion) have done, and where the best deals are..etc.
    So, I live near Vancouver, close to the boarder, so I get to see some American stuff too, and I have a 54 Chev 210. Like everyone, I want to enjoy every moment on the road that I can.
    My plan is to make the 54 sit and look right, make all the right noises, and take my wife and I on long road trips.(We like places of historical significance, good car shows and good ol rockin' roll.)
    I don't expect everyone to like my ride the way I do and I don't always like some the others that are out there, but if you can tell how and why you did it the way you did I'm all ears, theres no need to dis respect a guy who is trying build it himself the way he likes it.
    I play in a band, Willy and the Wannabees, who play everything from ZZ-top to Chuck Berry.
    Bottom line is, there nothing better than a good fat fendered car, a long stretch of road on a summer night, good tunes, and a pretty girl to ride shotgun.

2. screwball

screwball

welcome from eastern Ont.

3. Spaceclam

Spaceclam

Good to be aboard.

4. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

5. Working Class Zero

Working Class Zero

Welcome. Good to see another Canaduh guy. I'm just across the water in Courtenay.

6. Pollo

Pollo
    from Longview

Hey all,
    I have a 48 Chevy Coupe and I'm lookin for good RUNNING 235 or 261 cause from what I hear these are the only two sizes I can use without doin a ton of stuff I wanna be able to get her running so that I can enjoy the rest of summer before it runs out. My cell number is (360) 232-2528

7. BelAired

BelAired
    from Canada

Welcome from southern Alberta

8. Welcome from a fellow Canuck! Was born in Comox myself;)

9. v8 garage

v8 garage

Welcome from Texas. Please keep us posted on the 54's progress.
    V/8

10. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Welcome from Langley B.C.

11. tin_indians

tin_indians

I'm new myself but welcome from Edmonton.

12. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from MARYLAND

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Welcome Spaceclam!

Hey I know you!

Is the Pontiac Hearse up and running yet?

I sent you a PM.

14. Spaceclam

Spaceclam

The H.A.M.B is allot of help. I was hoping to stick with the 235 and bolt and 200 or 7700r4 to it. I still could, but like everything else it comes down to cash. A buddy offered his 89 Chev van to for $500 bucks, hmmmm. It has a fresh rebuild on the 350 with over sized pistons and a grind on the crank and a whole list of stuff that was done when it was in the shop getting done. It also has a 700r4 bolted to it that has been nicely redone and reliable for years, and it turns out that I know the guy that did the rebuild...good deal! But thanks to the folks here I now know what parts to get to make this work. Mounts, spring kit, wiring, and now another buddy says he has a Ford 9inch I can have...this is going to be a good winter.

15. YoungAdmirer

YoungAdmirer

Welcome from above you in PG, BC. Keep us posted

16. Welcome from just down the road