Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Alberta Hambers!! Time to pull your socks up!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Aug 18, 2009.

1. CDNflatlander

CDNflatlander

Sounds like a good idea for a local (Alberta) burnt dog feast.
    If Sylvan is still your best idea, now if your thinking out of the way, my shop has a big enough parking lot with almost zero use on a Saturday. You still have my number Graham, call me if this is what your looking for.
    Still in for a meet.
    Greg.

2. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Just my 2 cents but I would stay away from Sylvan. Tons of heat there, the local Police are not down with customs and rods what so ever. I always had problems out there.
    Having said that my buddy has a bitchin 50's Diner right in Red deer called Queens Diner, just off Highway 2. Perfect spot for a HAMB meet. I can hook up whoever is organizing it with Scotts number.
    I wish you guys all the best with the traditional style show. Over time it will grow for sure, unfortunatley right now I can't think of too many rides in Alberta and beyond that fit the profile. I'm sure you'll dig them out of thier hiding spots though. I have a few "hotrods" of my own and wouldn't consider bringing them to your show ( no offense ) but they are far from traditional and wouldn't belong in a show like that. Hopefully I find some time and enough cool old parts to put one together.
    My roadster for example.

Attached Files:

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Delmo, I eat at Scott's every couple of weeks. I thought about asking him, but I'm unsure of the numbers so I don't want to push my luck (say we're having a big get together and have 3 people show haha)

As for the show, thats all in the planning stages so don't feel like you need to build another car just yet (unless, of course, you were going to anyways) That roadster is a rad car, I'm not sure I get the A wheels but I read somewhere on here you run chrome steelies as well? I'd like to see it in that configuration!

4. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

LOL the A wheels look killer when that thing is rolling, not the most practical I'm aware but can be easily changed. I love hearing people bitch about them to, it's kinda amusing. Scott would love to have you guys whether its 3 or 30, the diner might actually be a bad spot to hold a meeting but his old school gas station would provide a great spot for that sort of thing. Either way let me know and I'll make the call, if you guys can arrange it soon enough I would love to attend.

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Del, I'll run it by the other guys who are helping get it together and I'll let you know. We could always just "show up" and take them by suprise!

Greg, I got a new phone and lost some numbers. Mind sending me yours again? Thanks for offering up your shop. I don't think the fuzz in Sylvan would have a problem with us if we were "out of the way" so to speak.

6. I'll be there. Wherever we meet up.

7. As I told Graham, I think the diner would be a good spot for sure.
    As fr your roadster, i think its badass and there is no reason why it shouldnt be at the show. I do agree with graham, the "A" wheels arnt my thing, however they still look better than 22" torque thrust II's, and they dont have spinners, so I guess it could be worse haha. I still havent seen it in person yet, you should bring it out on the 12th.

8. The Big M

The Big M

I just looked up Queen's Diner. I had no idea such a thing existed here!

9. KC

KC
    from Calgary

DELMO you mofo.

Yeah could attend if you still qualified as an Albertan... hehehe

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Delmo, I called up your buddy Scott and he's down with the idea for the 12th. He would, however, like to know hoe many people are willing to come beforehand. The night before he mentioned they are having another one of their DRIVE IN MOVIE nights so this works well for the out of town guys, make a weekend out of it guys!

So, I'd like to ask WHO IS IN for a HAMB meet at a COOL DINER on Saturday the 12th of September?

11. KC

KC
    from Calgary

Mna those drive in's are bad ass too. We went to the last one and it was wild. Burnouts, Bullrun, and whole bunch of cool cars. Def worth the drive to Red Deer.

12. pariodperfect

pariodperfect
    from Ardrossan

I am I am.

I am like the shadow! Who knows ehat evil lurks in the hearts of Men..The Shadow knows!

Hi Im mMatt By the way. I am somehow hooked up with the bozos' (Jalopy Kid And Old Soul)

Lets Rocket!

13. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Hi mMatt By the way.

What an odd name.

not as odd as your choice of user-name, what's a "pariodperfect" anyways?

with love,

Graham

14. pariodperfect

pariodperfect
    from Ardrossan

I spelt it wrong okay and Now I live with the shame

15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

yes. yes you will.

16. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

bump for the late guys.

17. GearHead614

GearHead614

Im in man i dont have any money to go to that auction anyways lol

18. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I'd like to see at least 15+ people come out to this guys. I need to let the owner of the Diner know who is all coming so he knows what staff he needs for Saturday.

The drive-ins he holds are supposed to be a blast. Because of prior commitments I have yet to make it out to one, but everyone who has been says they are a great time. Why not make a weekend out of it? Come up the night before, go to the drive-in, hit up the diner lunch the next day?

A rough headcount would really help us out here guys.

Myself
    Jalopy Kid (Lee)
    "Pariodperfect" (Matt)
    rocket lady 88
    Gearhead614
    0rg0

Maybes?
    Delmo
    CDNFlatlander (Greg)
    james1salvage
    George G
    flamedolds
    plodge55auqua

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  19. I'll be there!!! And with any luck our good pal mMatt aka Pariodperfect will let me steal the rearend out of one his A chassis laying out back so I can drive my coupe there.
    Otherwise i'll be showing up in my lame 94 F-350

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

mMatt is a pretty rad guy, even if he is dyslexic.

21. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Jalopy you should call Adrian from after dark cycles, he has a 33 ford rear end hangin around you could throw in.

22. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Hey could he put a 12 bolt rear in my 37 frame too??????:D

Answer ya bloody phone ya bugger

23. Fat Dave will be there I think. He was gonna ride with me.

24. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Ill be there, where ever its at.. :)..

25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

In the '55 I hope!

Myself
    Jalopy Kid
    (Lee)
    "Pariodperfect" (Matt)
    rocket lady 88 (Cassie)
    Gearhead614 (Mike?)
    0rg0 (John)
    FatDave (I think his name is Dave)
    plodge55aqua

26. I was driving down Deerfoot this morning on the way to work in the '50 and a blade off my fan departed the rest of them, taking the upper rad hose neck with it. Made for quite a mess, and lots of lookie loo's.

If I can get another fan and a new neck brazed on I'll should be able to make it.

27. Abrasive

Abrasive

I might be able to swing by, but I won't be driving anything cool, that's for sure.

At the rate I'm moving, I'm still a few years away from having my car finished...

28. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Yah... :) With the 55.. I wish I had the J done.. maybe next year..

29. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

James, lots of time!

Bringing your car isn't manditory...but pushing your project in is still cooler then driving in your late-model daily :p

30. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Ya James.. I got 50s trim we could screw on the sides of your newer car.. and a set of spinners.... :D what do you need for your 50 ??