Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hey a new ride ! , my 1936 Ford 3 Window Coupe(interior completed !)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Nov 9, 2017.

1. nope, that would "ala cart" ... haha;)

2. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Love the car! I like that survey speedometer. I have one i plan on running in my roadster. Flipper caps and fender skirts would be perfect on that car. 36 3 w probably one of the best looking fords to ever roll off the assembly line.

3. so the first Saturday of every month , Griots Garage(Tacoma, Wa) has a Caffeine & Gasoline cruise in... coffee and donuts... Well it is the winter and the turn out was low. But it was a nice ( a bit cold ) winter day... Great excuse to go for a drive. Hmm should I put heater in this rig ? HOME1.jpg HOME2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  4. Hi Folks ! so I'm on the hunt for some original rear fender skirts for my 36...Looking for a little help..
    I see a lot listed on E*** and other forums... Flat , Bubble type... model year listed will fit 35-40 Ford or 36-41 Ford..
    What should I be looking for and what will really fit my car.. lets hear from some that are in the know.... Thank you as always.. have always got great advice from everyone.. !

5. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

. The ultimate is a set of flush mount custom skirts such as on Kevin Andersons 5 window. My black car has a set that Big Jims in Texas sells. 2015-10-22 21.46.47.jpg [​IMG]

Stogy and chop job like this.
  6. flush mounts are killer, but I like the style your running .. Are those Big Jim's steel or fiberglass ? @hdman6465 .. Had any problems?

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Love what you have done with it. Looking super solid man. I dig the black walls.

8. tofords

tofords

I like it very nice.

9. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have had mine at least 6 yrs. with no problems. Bolt right on. They are fiberglass and I am not sure if the steel ones are the same. Nice people to deal with. Good fit. Your car looks killer,by the way.

Sent from my SM-G900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Thank you @hdman6465 .Thunfield Rod & Custom put this car together a few years back... body off frame (body left as found)..all mechanicals redone , rewired. SBC . lots of work done .There a great shop!. .. Have had a few fiberglass skirts on my 49 Ford Coupe and didn't have issues. I will check their web site and look what Big Jim's has to offer.. really would like to find steel originals.

11. thanks man ! traded the 51 Woodie for this a few months ago... good to hear from you... how is the project going.. ?

12. tofords

tofords

573.jpg I had 2 , and 1 with 327 4 sp. the other 37 flathd 39 trans. _DSC3431.jpg

13. nice ride !, going to add the additional hood side stainless spears to my 36... lost out on a nice set on E*** a few weeks
    ago... Early Bird is coming up, will take a look maybe I'll get lucky there..

14. coupe.jpg next week will sending the 36 off to get the interior done... hopefully I will have in progress pictures to
    share with everyone once it's started...going for this look (yes Calori Coupe style with a little twist) Have a maroon painted Crestliner wheel ( time to key way it ) Going a bit darker in color...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Stogy and chop job like this.
  15. so looking at the picture of the Calori Coupe... was noticing the two chromes strips under the door
    garnish moldings.. It that stock on 36 model ? like it alot

16. Rob, yes your car should have those. They came on deluxe cars I think

17. Thank you Chris, guess I need to look for those...don't think my car is deluxe model.. but I'll added them for sure...

18. Hopefully heading up to get the interior work started on Saturday... ;)

19. Cool, where is it going?

20. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All '36 Ford 3w coupes were "Deluxe" models and your car would have come with them originally.

21. northbound.jpg
    thank you ! Its off for interior today... hopefully will be able to post some pictures as we go...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    tofords and Stogy like this.
  22. all loaded up heading to the shop !

23. so question for you Ford guys.. Missing the inside header panel above the windshield on my 36 3w... Are the panel interchangeable between 35-36 models (ie: 3w , 5w, Sedans ) ? need to start looking for one... I have seen a few listed for sale in classified adds..
    Thank you ! panel.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  24. johnkool59

johnkool59

25. johnkool59

johnkool59

26. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The header panels differ from '35 to '36, however the '36 header fits ALL '36 models and the '35 fits ALL other '35's.

27. Thank you again ! @TagMan

28. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Rob who is doing the interior?

29. Paul R. with Cedardale Upholstrey @hotrd32

so I have seen a few header panels for sale, The picture I posted above was said to be for a 36 Model..
    I would be really thankful if someone can school me as to what one is correct. Maybe post a picture of both 35-36..
    I see them listed for 35-36 as TagMan said.. the 35 is different.. My panel is missing and not familiar with these cars... didn't know... argh !

30. little BTT for the evening crowd ! Thank you !