Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hershey time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by noboD, Sep 18, 2006.

1. noboD

noboD

Since I live REAL close, if a hamber buys something too big to get home i can give some short term storage. Say you buy a car or something too big to haul in the vehicle you've got, find me.

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Damn it, damn it, damn it, it sucks to be a truck driver stickin your foot through the floor all the time, I'll be PASSING right by with no time to stop on my way back North.I was hoping to get there and maybe meet some hambers and pick up some cool 55 parts .I guess I'll wait for next year. shit!!

3. 5window

5window

Can you say,"Break down"? Really,soryy you can't go. I have a really hard time getting one day off-and I'm the boss!

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

OK, It wasn't a RAT ROD, but tell the new guys the Hershey rat story.:D

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Yeah I could but that would only put me way behind on getting the trailer home where it needs to be and home where I probably should be. Besides, it's suppose to rain all weekend I guess so that'll mean I'll just have to work on my 55 more on Sunday:D .I'll have to make plans for next year and maybe be able to bring some upstate New Yorkers and their cars with me.

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'll be there Tuesday thru Sunday in the car corral (the old Blue field and white field) spots M34-M39 "working". Stop by and say hi. I'm going to try to make a little HAMB button to wear on my work shirt so those who are "in the know" know to say hi! I would definitely be up for a HAMB meet. Anyone else staying at the Hershey Lodge?
    For you newbies here are a few pointers:
    -Don't try to park your non-stock cars in the car corral, they won't be there long. The ancient AACA old men (and I mean old, like 90 and over) are super crabby.
    -Bring a raincoat, no, bring two. You will get wet, you will get muddy and it will rain. Whoever said the rain chases people away is so wrong, rain is a Hershey tradition.
    -Don't wear a hot rod shirt if you are looking for a good deal. The old stock/original guys despise hot rodders and will jack up the price or just not sell to you.
    Super pumped to go, see you all there!

7. Flop

Flop

last hershey we slept in a church parking lot the night before got up and saw how lovly it was raining got a set of perfect 55 buick doors for 50 bux and a freee flathead which sounded like a good idea at the time but the relazied how much muddy grass we had to drag it through

but we shall be there again this year for another mud bowl

8. noboD

noboD

What '37 is talking about is a real RAT rod that is now housed at my house. It's a '15 Dodge Brothers that came from Kansas to Hershey last year in an enclosed car trailer to be sold. Car came out of barn storage of 58 years, very original and complete, including a LIVE RAT. No one knew he was there until they pulled the car out at Hershey. All week, during negotiations we tried to chase the rat out of the car. We finally loaded the car on an open trailer to come to my house hoping the ride would shake him out. No dice, I had to shoot him to get rid of him. I found his petrified Grandfather, a gallon of acorns, and about 5 gallons of rat shit in the car. He also had an old shot glass and a pair of Dr. Sholz? foot pads.

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Chevy Girl, how are you feeling.. you getting better........

Chevy girl, thanks for the tips, better for find some rain jackets and dig my boots out.. see you there.

10. scarylarry

scarylarry

I hear Speedy Bill has some 1920's barn find race car or two being delivered. Supposed to be reallllll nice originals.

11. Ahh the Hershey Swamp Meet.

I'll git there Thursday night and do the fields (wherever they are this year) Friday and Saturday.

I'll have my HAMB button on so stop me if you see me.

Looking for junk round spindle not good enough for a rod but OK for a cast aluminum disk brake cover up backing plate display. Hmm, guess I need to shorten that description up a bit.

Dennis

12. 5window

5window

One thing about Hershey,it always rains. I've lived here for 18 years now. There are rumors that once long ago it was sunny and they were selling '32 Fords for $50. Then Adam ate the apple and all the Fords went to Boyd. Just another fairy tale.You shoulda been there. Anyway,bring dry socks, a towel,quarters to tip the bathroom attendants, a camera you don't think to highly of, water to drink and a sense of humor.Bring a listening ear,too. These guys may not be hotrodders but they know an awful lot about old cars if you shut up and listen.

13. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I just finished building my "Hershey Buggy" with a chopped down dolly with custom double stacked plastic milk crates. When I hit the bricks I'm out there all day with all I need. Even has a seat so I can set my old ass down for a few minutes between scores. You are so right about the "Hotrodder syndrome" Don't wear hot rod shirt or hat. And for christ sake don't talk hot rods unless you are at Speedy Bills or Spadaro's or the like. So, if you guys see an old fart with a suped up red dolly (no billet) say howdy.

14. Clark

Clark

My spots are RCS 28-29.
    Clark

15. jetmek

jetmek

butch maybe ill bump into you there...ill be camping if you spot a keystone cabana with bonnevile stickers...

16. Bob Galet

Bob Galet

I'll be there. Last year we got dumped on the two days we were there, and it still took us 2 days to see all the stuff. Got a fender for my '39 for $50, and a bunch of other shit. Definately a place to go. Don't forget you'll be hungry all day cause they pump that chocolate smell into the air!

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Feeling much better and I'm sure the Hershey swap will make me even better yet. I've been loading up on vitamins so I'll have the energy to see as much as possible between "working" our booth. For sure stop by and say howdy.

59BuickWagon- I hope you don't have a patent on that HAMB button of yours...I am about to copy it! :D

18. teddyp

teddyp

all chrysler at carlisle does suck it bone stock or muscle cars vary few hot rods or parts 1930- 1958 went looking for 58 plym fenders for a custom a buddy got

19. noboD

noboD

I just came from the AACA museum and was able to put my ass prints on the driver's seat of the GM Futureliner. It will be there until Hershey show, then moved to the red field. On Sat. it will be judged on the show field. The styling is incredible, very art deco. It is like the one sold at Barret-Jackson last year, but this one is restored. It has a 302 C.I. inline six, and dual wheels FRONT and rear. Make sure you check it out.Might want to buy a shirt to help them, as it belongs to a private museum.

20. coupedevil

coupedevil

Planning on being there. Looking for a spot to vend there so if anyone has one let me know. I will be at Carlisle in row ND 26-27. Stop and see me if you have or know of an available Hershey spot.

21. You go for it girl!

E-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you the artwork.

What's your Hershey location?

Dennis

22. noboD

noboD

The grass is cut in the day parking fields. The snow fence is up, the fields staked out and lined. It just rains buckets full yesterday. This year should be fun. Where the hell are you guys??

23. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I'm on my way to carlisle
    to hopefully not spend much of my "hershey money"

Zach

24. Clark

Clark

The camper (my father's) is loaded and ready to go. Can't wait!

I didn't even bother with Carlisle.......Hershey is mecca!
    Clark

25. 5window

5window

Thanks for not going to Carlisle-more stuff for me. I'll hit Hershey next week in my rainsuit.

26. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

Man I been wanting to go to Hersey for the swap meet for a year!! I do need a lower front clip for a '48 Ford pu.

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Today the E-350 gets cleaned out and the parts packing starts! I'll be on the field C4J -41-42 in less than 120 Hours!!!!!!!!!:D :eek: :eek:

28. Jdee

Jdee

We will be at GAD 21 - 22 .... with our woodgraining stuff
    It will be odd not being in the white field in the mud.

Jdee

29. noboD

noboD

Jdee, looks like we followed each other from the White Field. I'm in GAC 25-26, right across the aisle. Can't wait to see what trick baubles you bring this year. Still playing with the clear acrylics, steering wheels and knobs? Anyone going to Hershey NEEDS to stop by Jdees spaces. He does amazing work.

30. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

good thinking....i went today...LOTS of muscle car stuff...got a few deals though on some parts...rebuilt model-B starter for $25!
    holding out for hershey!!!

Zach