Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hershey swap meet spaces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Dago, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Anybody know the real deal for getting swap meet spaces at Hershey?
    The AACA website makes it sound like you just join the AACA, apply for paperwork, send in said paperwork and you'll get a space. My friend was told just about the same thing a few years ago and joined up and requested a space and was told there's a real long waiting list.
    But of course they got his membership fee.
    Today I talked to some other guys and they said it's just about impossible to get spaces. Kind of an "Old Boys Club', and if you ain't in, then you ain't in!
    Anybody know the real story?

2. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

You need to get on a waiting list, straight up. We've had our spaces for...jeez...maybe 25 years at least? Wish it were as easy as joining the club.

Cris

3. rdachsdog

rdachsdog
    from michigan

Didn't take us that long to get them, waited 1 year only because they were changing around the fields that year and didn't know what would be available. We, [ my friend and I ], had 3 between us the first year, 2 for me and 1 for him, that was 4 years ago, the next year he got 2 more and I got 2 more, still all side by side. They've been very accomodating to us. And we're nobody special. Joining the AACA is not that big a deal, just make sure you send in money for swap spaces as soon as they ask for it. My buddy forgot last year and was in a panic, but when he called them they said no problem and made sure he kept the same ones.

4. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

I'll join AACA and apply for spaces. Hope it doesn't take too long.
    Thanks

5. noboD

noboD

Skidmarks is right, just join. About March-ish the newsletter has a card asking if you need NEW or ADDITIONAL spaces, send it in and wait. There's always people that don't renew their spaces for whatever reason. You may be able get spacs on one of the old fields, chocolate or red? Sometimes they limit NEW to 2 spaces. The only thing you don't want to do is call and pester them, they have memories like elephants.

6. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Glad to hear it's NOT an old boys club. I've been going for over 20 years, and I probably should have joined way back then and tried to get spaces.
    Not sure how I feel about it being all blacktop, but don't think I'll miss 12" of mud either.
    There does seem to be more empty swap spaces lately. I wonder what's up with that?

7. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

Thanks for the heads up on not pestering them! I really don't mind waiting a little, I realize there's probably a waiting list. But some of the stories I've heard make it sound impossible.
    Thanks again.

8. noboD

noboD

The old car population is getting older.You can wait and join at Hershey, NAt'l has a tent. Look in the program for their space numbers when you get it. I THINK it's in the center of the chocolate field, along with the museum and Hershey region spaces, actually close to Security and the food court.