Register now to get rid of these ads!

HERSHEY!!! hm...can't wait.!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nixer, Oct 6, 2003.

1. hey just wanting to see who's going to hershey...I have tentatively planned on going on wednesday only..then on saturday again. Sawzall, you gotta call me at home..
    This is my first time there...what should i expect...and don't worry clark..i will leave some headlights for you.

2. lulabelle

lulabelle

Dude,Clark's there already I'll bet.I won't be there.I've had it with all this car crap!(burn out)

3. burger

burger

Toke- I'm heading out on Wednesday only. Gimme a holler and maybe we'll head out together. My cell phone is broken so you'll have to use the house line.

Ed

4. sawzall

sawzall

ed, tokyo

I am heading up wednesday. I was gonna call you both anyhow.. I have tokyo's cell. Ed I dont have your phone number..
    we should all go wednesday.

glad you guys are willing to go. I'll need a couple of bitches to haul all my shit..

ps I have the official aaca map of the show..

later

5. Soudns good to me sawzall...ed...call my house tonight we will set it up. bryan

6. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

TOM GREEN:
    "SCREW YOU DICK" (in that TOKYO flared up voice)
    you better take some FOOTAGE on yer cam
    i should be going

7. shoebox72

shoebox72

I'm leaving tomorrow(tue) and will be staying in lancaster till we head home sunday. Hope to see you guys there. I'll wear my HAMB shirt. Weather forcast looks good. [​IMG]
    I'm a Hershey Virgin too. [​IMG] I hope it was worth the wait.

Billy

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Life savings, water bottle, and deuce parts manual are packed in the little wagon under a poncho and mud boots, will brought up to date, ready to trot!!

9. superman, i will do as you say..
    billy, i will look for you,

bruce...doesn't surprise me one bit...as i would imagine you know so much you would be flying around on magic carpet through the rows.

10. jeff

jeff

bryan- i'm heading out there wed. after work, going to the show on thurs. give me a call if you guys are out there late on wed. maybe we could meet up for a little while. later -jeff

11. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be heading out at 4:00am on Wednesday morning, just like I have for the past 23 years!! Walk all day Wednesday, Thursday and 'til noon on Friday to see it all. Friday afternoon we go through the car coral. Head home Saturday morning, hoping the "fix" will tide me over until spring. 23 years and only been to the actual car show once - way too many people crowding around for me.

Those that are going, wear your HAMB shirts and say hello. [​IMG]

12. BigJim394

BigJim394

If its going to rain, bring a pair or two of high top waterproof boots that you can stand walking around in all day. The swap is on grassy fields and the lanes often become ponds with swaths of some of the slipperiest clay mud you have ever seen. It'll suck a loose boot right off your foot. If the boot doesn't have good treads on the bottom you will be slipping and sliding all over the place. If you have leather boots buy some waterproofing stuff (I like snow seal), but even with waterproofing goop, after a day on the wet grounds you usually can't get them to dry out, which is why you bring an extra pair. Bring a small backpack for small size purchases, cause its probably going to be a long walk back to where you parked. If you buy something big/heavy, a lot of vendors will let you leave it at their booth and you can pick it up at the end of the day.

They say that if you walk every aisle/lane of every field you end up walking over 20 miles. One of the problems with how they set it up is that the lanes are so wide that you really can't walk down the middle of the lane and see what the vendors on both sides really have, so you end up going back and forth across the lanes as you go down them, which is kind of a pain. If you see a vendor who has stuff you like but not exactly what you want...ASK...lots of the vendors don't drag all their stock to Hershey. Look under the vendor's tables and root through their boxes of smaller stuff. Watch out and listen for all the people who shop the meet in golf carts. It was getting a little ridiculous a few years ago, how many disabled people that the AACA was allowing to shop the swap from private golf carts. You have to be careful stepping out from a vendors booth into the lane that some guy in a golf cart who is looking at vendors parts doesn't run into you.

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Hershey is the marathon of swap meets--if you're still moving on Saturday, you know you're in good shape. The best addition to my swapmeet gear I have ever made was a little red wagon, although mine is blue...free on garbage night all across America, still cheap if you're not a scrounger. Carries water&food, rain gear, and parts. A good solid one will even allow you to move an engine block or a failed wife unit.

14. Ive never been on the Hershey Hwy.

15. Some one look for 41 ford Front Fenders, Perferably the passenger side. If any one sees them, get the guys phone number please. I got one NOS Driver side, and the other side looks like its been hit by a Dump Truck [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. whizzerick

whizzerick

My father and I are leaving tomorrow morning. A 10 hour drive from Montreal. It's a first for both of us (father is 70). You'll recognize me, I'll be the guy with a stupid grin on his face...

17. I can say Lulabelle is wrong Clark is not there yet,However he will be there Tue,wed,and thursday.I myself am going Tues with clark and Thursday.The other SO-WHAT guys are going Wednsday.Anyhow have fun and enjoy!!!! [​IMG]

18. horty

horty
    from pa.usa

I,m goin tomorro morning and here,s the weather as of 1 am tuesday sunny and more of the same on wednsday and thursday. friday possability of rain, same on saterday. I live about 20 miles from hershey and if hambers need help give me a shout at 717 933 8546 leave message i,ll help if I can. ya all have a good time and remember hershey is known to do almost anything so be prepared. later horty

19. Missing Link

Missing Link

How the hell do you all get off of work to do this shit? [​IMG] I mean, you all must work to afford this stuff, right? So how do you do it? Huh? [​IMG] I'm lucky if I have enough free time to take a dump, let alone skip out of town for a day to scrounge parts! I would like to go but it just isn't gonna happen. [​IMG]

20. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

Tokyo,

Take money. I was at Carlisle last week and saw 2 Merc 4-door driver's side quarter panels ($250-275). I'll bet those guys will be at Hershey too.

I'm going Wednesday too. We should meet up somewhere.

21. Link 'm out of work with a bad back right now(my bitches will have to carry my stuff) otherwise I have a tendency to get "sick" this week.
    Hershey is the best. You can ot see everything in one day!! Hell if you check out the cars it should take more than two days.
    Just a warning to you guys some of the sellers won't sell to Hot Rodders so don't wear Hot Rod T shirts.
    Clark

22. i was at carlisle too...i didn't see them...saw some nos stuff for, enough..cool..i will be hangin with sawzall and edmurder..we plan on leaving at 5:30 in the morning or so. should be great.. i am going to tape it for "I-wanna-go-to-hershey-but-ran-out-of-luck-tuck" as he will need to see it. Should be good, i will wear my hamb shirt...just in case i see anyone.

23. oh yeah...right..i forgot...i will wear it secretly under my business suit. ha!

24. Tokyo... you should be OK the old folks at Hershey have no idea who Tom Green is!!! [​IMG]
    Clark

25. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Six of us will be scooting down from Rochester tomorrow morning about 6 AM. We are taking two cars AND a truck just in case we need to carry home some serious booty. Probably not but, hey you never know! We'll be coming back home Friday afternoon. Right now, I am a little bit worried as my cranky back is flaring up again. Shit, I hope it doesn't keep me from covering the whole 20 miles-twice!!!

26. First day of Hershey and so far I got....2 pair of headlights a Packard grill and a Quickchange cover all for ..$100
    Clark

27. [ QUOTE ]
    First day of Hershey and so far I got....2 pair of headlights a Packard grill and a Quickchange cover all for ..$100
    Clark

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

28. I'll be there Friday and Saturday with my son-in-law. I've been going since '73. It's his virgin run and he's really psyched! Bet he'll be cramped up after the first day's forced march:)

Dennis

29. 53 Kaiser

53 Kaiser
    from York, Pa.

There all day today, Saw some cool stuff, we are buying a house so I restrained myself. Car prices are beyond high in the Car Corral. I know they are always high but this year, WoW! I have a extra car corral space so I will drive the Kaiser up tomorrow. The weather looks like it will hold out and be nice. No rain at Hershey will be a once in a lifetime experience. Clark is right about wearing hot rod stuff. I have had guys quiz me on the car I was buying parts for to make sure I was using it on a car not a rod! Later, Scott

30. Day 2...Got a guide headlight,pair of 16x4 ford wheels,a banjo wheel, oval model t gas tank and a 34 chevy car grill all for $100. I'm sorta stuck onthis hundred dollar a day thing. Not intentinal.
    Clark