Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hershey 2017 Will you be there??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fedcospeed, Aug 21, 2017.

1. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Have a bunch of flathead speed parts again this year. Many well used intakes priced to sell plus my GMC blower assembly used on my lakester top speed 182 MPH still set with some of my speed secrets. Also have a HEMI overhead valve assembly for the Ford flathead V-8 sixty that needs a new home. Been going since the mid eighty's always just down from the The37Kid and next to ct1932ford great neighbors space C4J 34 to35
    This year I'm wearing my new Red hat from Speedweek.
    Ronnieroadster

2. I need some 17 inch knobbies and more cool stuff for my one man modified ?? anybody out there who might have a Dunlop ?? I Bought one at the Canfield swap and hoping to find the other at Hershey?? thanks

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ronnie, hope the Bonneville Banner will be on display as well. One and a half nites sleep any the trailer is rolling. Bob

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I get there monday afternoon and get a cheap flop about 3 miles away. get up early Tuesday and get in that long line.Last year getting in first thing was good because it gave me room to maneuver my trailer in place and extra room for awhile to spread out.I dont want to start out at midnight and drive the night. If I have mechanical problems it will be a big problem at night and it just makes for a real long day.The cheap flop is walking distance to a couple eateries and BEER. Iam on vacation and simple is king!!!

Drive and travel safe everyone. The weather is on our side so take full advantage of it. HAVE FUN!!!!

mad mikey, tb33anda3rd and Dino 64 like this.
  5. Bob, HAMB Banner ready?

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, but nothing real fancy.

7. I went last year for the first time, I was on a real tight budget. I found you need to go with a lot of parts to sell all week, or a large amount of money to buy all week to make the trip worthwhile.

8. Flop

Flop

I've made it worthwhile in a day . Walked from 7 to 5 stashing everything in buddies booths . You don't need a real large budget . found so many killer deals if you just scrounge around a little and be nice to the sellers and ask if they have what you are looking for if you see certain parts off of the car you are looking for .

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mad mikey and The37Kid like this.
  9. Oh yeah I found some deals, but when I say tight budget I mean super tight about $800.00 or less total to spend parts and meals. Even just one meal a day that amount of money goes quick! I did take a cooler with cold cuts, drinks, and snacks. Lucky I was with some guys who let me crash in their motel room that help a ton.

10. Flop

Flop

2 4 dollar foot long meatball hoagies from sheetz and all the apples you can eat from the ladies tents . Case of water from sams club you are under 10 bux !

The37Kid and tb33anda3rd like this.
  11. i love when the vendors from different parts of the country bring apples. usually .25¢ and flavors of apples i have never had. one of my favorite things.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Flop

Flop

Yes the folks with pears are also my favorites !!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. flatjack

flatjack

14. Heading down Thursday. I won't be scoring any killer deals but I'll be hanging out with some club brothers and generally having a good time not at work. Haven't been to Hershey since the late 70s, I'm looking forward to it.

15. I won't be there this year. Way too much going on with the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. All seem to be flocking to home for some reason....stars aligning ? global warming ? walking dead ? I do know that my wallet will be much lighter regardless of the reason.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sure will interesting to read your report when you get home. Everything is on blacktop, lights are on all night, about double the size I think.:) Bob

17. jkflathead

jkflathead

I will be there with folks from the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum. We have a trailer full of NOS early Ford flathead related parts. CU 70,71,72 CT 70,71,72. Stop by and pick up a raffle ticket for a 1939 Mercury that we are giving away Friday at Hershey. Check out our new Museum expansion. We are a Museum dedicated to 1932-1953 Fords. Get involved. fordv8foundation.org

Attached Files:

Louie likes this.
  18. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Sounds like we have a very kind hearted guy here! Hope he never gets bad knees ,hips etc., if he does TOO BAD!!!

DrDragon likes this.
  19. This time tomorrow should almost be there! :cool:

Flop likes this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

We're bring a table this year and two benches, wonder if anyone will notice?:eek::rolleyes:

Bob

21. Flop

Flop

No room for a table in my van . Packed to the gills this year

22. 5window

5window

I read a couple of years ago where the "average" person has $5K in their pocket. I don't bring near that, but enough. I can easily get significantly more if I need to. I have a minimal list this year. and I plan to walk it all (it's about 13-14 miles or so.). That doesn't give much time for hellos or negotiations -those all change the timeline. I bring my lunch so I can eat on the go. Besides, if I stop it is really hard to start up again. Don't forget tips for the portapotty folks-and your raingear-this week you trust the weatherman?! :)

Flop likes this.
  23. 4 tables, one scotch, and one beer:p

lothiandon1940 and Flop like this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

We're hoping the table and benches find a new home.

Bob

Flop likes this.
  25. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

I'm looking at going next year, my wife said 'find a good event and we'll go' so post pics, I need to justify the air ticket!

26. plan a couple weeks, go to the jalopyrama in maryland enjoy some soft shell crab, hershey, and a drive through amish country, then tour the new england states as the leaves start to turn the fall colors, vermont chedder cheese, maple syrup, lobster dinner on maines rocky coast, a bean town pub.................

27. Flop

Flop

28. 5window

5window

AACA Museum in Hershey/Gettysburg Battlefield/better plan to take your wife to some outlets-unless she's like mine and would rather walk through hot coals than have to shop. :)

30. Yep, those of us that are good walkers, can do it in a day. I do. came away with a set of bumpers, 32b transmission, rear fenders, 32b fuel pump and a couple other pieces. That was under the $800 mentioned.....and they were all way the "F" away from the truck. Fortunately I had a dolly for the trans. Looking for smaller stuff this year. I think my phone said I walked 10 miles last time. BRING SUN SCREEN AND A HAT

bowie likes this.