Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Heroes In The Trenches Of Disneyland

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Heroes In The Trenches Of Disneyland

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Iggys31, Denns1989, els and 14 others like this.
  2. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ryan,
    Nice story, details and photos from the shoot...(shades from my past !) I did not know how long your family was in So Cal, but, agreed...Disneyland is a big zoo without the wild animals.

To get your perspective back to the real So Cal, a fun, train ride down the coast to San Diego usually calms everyone down and gets things right again. Maybe next time...

Jnaki
    Those were nice cars in the photoshoot. That area of OC has a lot of places for good background shots. No, not from the sheriff's department, either.

3. seatex

seatex

Great story and subject, R. You took us with you.................

els and AmishMike like this.
  4. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great story and great shots as always brother.

els likes this.

5. 32-monger

32-monger

"Amateur" photographer. Riiiiiiiiight....

els likes this.
  6. A couple of righteous rods..........and some swell camera work as well.:).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  7. A Boner

A Boner

My kind of Hot Rods!
    Disney.....too many sheeple for me to handle.

els, Bowtie Coupe and Petejoe like this.
  8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

ain't life a bitch

els likes this.
  9. I sold Nathan that 46 Ford steering wheel that is in his sedan when I took it out of my 34. It looks perfect in there, one of my favorite wheels.

els and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

I've never been a big fan of mordoors, but something about that sedan just feels right. '27 Roadsters, always a favorite.

els likes this.
  11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Your funniest story ever. I can relate.
    Great pictures. The lighting was perfect.
    Thanks.

12. catdad49

catdad49

Great story (sorry for your pain), great pics and great wife(y0u definitely owe her one)! Love both the cars and can definitely relate to the Disneyland scene, glad all "survived"!

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Oh fuck yes!

els likes this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Great story, and results from photo shoot - hope that you have done something very special for your wife, like a visit to a Spa - yep, for those that have never taken young kids to Disneyland have no idea how easy that their life has been

15. That roadster is righteous!

els likes this.
  16. Ryan you owe your wife a dozen roses and a trip to her favorite spa!!!!

els likes this.
  17. One of your very best stories as well as the hot rods.

rotten ron and els like this.
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Very nice shots! That roadster is a 55 gallon drum of "kick ass".

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Ryan.Very nice sir.Thanks for posting.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

els likes this.
  20. Love the mordor,I have always been a fan of the redheaded stepchild in the Deuce lineup and am driving my second one.

As for your experience with your family in the Disney experience (bowels of Hell),I can sympathize having being the willing participant in what can only be described as a good reason for divorce or methodical & premeditated acts of mayhem.

The experience scared me for life and I have refused to go on any extended family vacations,I love my family but the old saying is true,"Fish and relatives stink after three days." add Disney to the equation and you so realize why men die first! HRP

els likes this.
  21. Last time I was in so-cal Disneyland I was 9. I am now 70:eek: I took a trip with my Dad who came out to Santa Monica to help his Dad (my Grand Dad) with his estate/will. Anyway we went to Disney and I am sure I was a pain in the ass. I don't remember. But what I do remember is driving down to Tijuana Mexico in my grandfathers 50 Chevy sedan delivery.:cool: We drove out across the border and My GF dropped my dad and I off on the side of the road.:confused: He turned around and went back in to Mexico. Later returning to pick us up and head home to LA. Later I realized why when he removed a piece of wood from under the dash /radio to remove the tequila he had purchased and not claimed at the border.:cool: No I never told my Mom!:rolleyes: Cool looking 4 door!

els likes this.
  22. Love the roadster!
    this is my child hood memory of Walt Disney World:
    "HEY KID, GET OFF OF THAT"
    HEY KID, GET BACK ON THIS SIDE OF THE FENCE"
    "HEY KID, DON'T TOUCH THAT"
    "HEY WHO'S KID IS THIS?"

els and wandi harry like this.
  23. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Nice hot rods! Great story too. Thanks for posting it.I clearly remember taking both my daughters to Disney world-----like HRP says,its why men die first.

els likes this.
  24. jim snow

jim snow

Good stuff. She's a keeper! Snowman

els likes this.
  25. Nobey

Nobey

Now let me get this straight Ryan, you left your Wife at Disneyland to fend off a Duck with no pants?
    You owe her big time. Nice photo shoot......

czuch and els like this.
  26. To put it simply my friend, whatever you wife wants, she gets.

I mean anything.

For as many times as she asks. Any......thing........

This story inspires me to pay up my membership again.

Congrats man. Your wife will get a medal one day I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els and Denns1989 like this.
  27. Ryan you are just a happy man! This is why!

Men Are Just Happier People

What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never be pregnant You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park.

Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks.

A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Two pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes - one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes. No wonder men are happier.

NICKNAMES

- If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.

- If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Bubba and Wildman.

EATING OUT

- When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.

- When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY

- A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.

- A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS

- A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.

- The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

ARGUMENTS

- A woman has the last word in any argument.

- Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE

- A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.

- A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

MARRIAGE

- A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.

- A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP

- A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.

- A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.

NATURAL

- Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.

- Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

OFFSPRING

- Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favorite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.

- A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

--

czuch, jim snow, belair and 12 others like this.
  28. Your best story yet Ryan... as for your wife; she's a keeper, better take good care of her.

els likes this.
  29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Both are bitchin'

Your wife..... your lucky.

els and Denns1989 like this.
  30. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

Fantastic story! Fantastic cars! Now about the whole kid thing. Now don't get me wrong, kids are great. I love my little nephew but no thank you. I can barely keep up with myself let alone another human being especially some place like Disneyland/world.

els likes this.