Register now to get rid of these ads!

Here's a tool every old car guy needs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustangsix, Apr 25, 2013.

1. mustangsix

mustangsix

2. That is nice and so true.

3. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

The last 3 bolts I had trouble with that needed heat to remove were no way accessible with that tool.
    I guess if you had the part on the bench it would be ok.

4. jesse1980

jesse1980

I thought it was going to be a case of beer.

5. I have two at work. These are the size of a small mig with several different attachments on cables. They are fantastic! No flame, heat where you want it. Can be used for everything from molding and windshield removal on modern cars, to frozen bolts, and even heat shrinking. Works with magnetic field.

6. derbydad276

derbydad276

looks cool how much $$$$$

7. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

^^^^^^^What he said!

8. And built almost in my backyard!!! Might should go over there, I might.

Cosmo

9. Adran

Adran

seems pretty versatile with that 90 degree adapter for it. at first look i thought there was no way it was gonna be that useful, but i guess they have different tips for different applications. looks like it'd fit anywhere an air wrench would.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

List is 569.99 http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/flameless-heat-mini-ductor-ii-p-16848.aspx

Not cheap by any means but it would pay for it's self in a lot of production shops in time and pieces saved. All the times I have fought with the nuts on Bud dual rear wheels on bigger trucks would have paid for one times over if it would have freed 2/3 of them.

11. Get one on E-bay,,429.00. HRP

12. aintscaird

aintscaird
    from georgia

13. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

$500? Holy crap.

I'll continue to apply BandAids with my teeth, thank you.

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was expecting/hoping for a creeper that would help you get back up on your feet...:D;)

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

16. Or $20.00 a week off'a the tool truck.....

Looks like Slap-On, Cornhole n' Smac all sell 'em.

17. kennb

kennb

I've got a shit load of tools. Really, more than the average guy, I'm a tool junky. i'm in my 60's and I've been buying tools since I was a teenager and never got rid of one (lost a few). I've been looking at this for quite a while. This is a great tool , but for me, I'm going to pass on it because, 1. I'm not as active with a bunch of work as I used to be. 2. cost. If I was the young whippersnapper I was years ago with cars all over the place ready to be worked on I'd snatch that up. Ken

18. I first saw one at a body shop that I do business with about a year ago.Got a demo and couldn't believe how well it worked.If you do a lot of disassembly on older vehicles this thing would pay for itself in less than a year;not only for reducing the aggravation factor but excees hospital bills as well:D.

19. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very COOL! (i mean HOT)

Nice tool but for $500 bucks...the torch will have to do!

T

20. cayager

cayager

about $425 new on ebay. be nice wrapped around the bathroom doorknob at work. ouch

21. neondv8

neondv8

hahaha....that seat is some Hannibal Lector s*#t

22. Let's see a picture or two of your van!

23. 54rat210

54rat210

Lol me too!

24. The average guy don't need one although a lot of us would like to have it. HRP

25. slowmotion

slowmotion

Price wise, for the average Joe, hobbiest, nada. Production shop, pro-wrencher, hellyea!

26. Ralph

Ralph

I've watched a mechanic friend use one fairly often. He's always having to move exhaust and cross members to get at the trans and diffs they fix. It's amazing. Without it you'd be snapping bolts like crazy. Best part is you don't set anything on fire, like a torch does. Low risk, high reward, but you'd have to be a pro mechanic for it to really be worthwhile.

27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

They must have good patent protection, otherwise they'd be 20 bucks at you know where.:)

28. The two we have at school were over 2 grand each. Maybe a little much for the home shop, but in any type of production situation, it's well worth the cost.

29. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Now that's HOT! If I were wrenching like I used to I'd be on that!
    Maybe one of my buddy's will pick one up and I can borrow it from time to time!