Register now to get rid of these ads!

Her maiden Voyage and Breakdown adventure.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StanDaManTX, May 31, 2009.

1. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Well, I finally finished getting the new disc brakes plumbed and bled, after all of the engine work my father and i did together. So i pulled her out of the garage for the test drive. The car stops, but not as it should. Got some kinks to work out yet. But i havent driven the car since i bought it and the motor was running strong, so we took it out anyway. To an undeveloped part of the neighborhood of course.:D

So we did 3 laps or so around the block adjusting the rear drums and testing her out. Christening my new tires and the new road with mandatory burnout marks:cool: when we run out of gas lol. Or so we thought. I left my dad to take a nap in the backseat while i made the jog to get my truck and some gas cans. When i returned and we filled the tank with the Kustom filling apparatus I brought along. (has a short fill neck) Found out that the fuel filter was still empty. Looks like i'll be pulling a fuel pump next weekend! So I called a neighbor with a tow strap and he pulled us home.

Im trying to get her on the road to cruise to Billetproof, but there is still some kinks to work out. She was on the road for about a half hour though and thats progress! lol anyway just thought I would share. enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

2. Big Tony

Big Tony

Dang that sucks..how long did it take to drain that can...hehehhe Good luck with the fuel pump and making it to Billetproof.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, you are official now, running out of gas or having some other small problem is pretty much of a requirement for those of us who build our own cars and cruise them.

4. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

lol, it took long enough for my arms to get tired. That was the second can too haha. Thanks

5. aldixie

aldixie

Good luck. I know the feeling, I'm working on removing kinks as well. Billetproof is coming too fast.

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I would pull the line in front of the fuel pump to make sure you are getting fuel to that point . You might have some crap breaking loose in the tank and clogging the fuel like up ! If you had it running and was driving the car I don't think the pump would just die that fast . If you have sludge in the tank the test drive might have broken some loose .

7. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Actually i think this is what happened. I pulled her apart today and the pump was working. didnt see any debris, but i got it working.

I am glad i pulled her apart though. There were two bolts sticking out of the power steering pump and 2 broken off where it mounts to the bracket and block. (the guy told me he replaced the fuel pump, but he didnt tell me he f'ed the power steering all up to do so.) So i think rust was holding all together. Its a good thing we spotted it before it flew off on the highway. While i have her apart i think I will do a new hi-flo water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, clutch fan and belts. might as well get to em while i can get my hands in there. :D Not much room around dem big blocks!:cool:

8. crashgravis

crashgravis

hope you make it . good luck !