Register now to get rid of these ads!

henry j gasser part 2 paint to finish

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Dirty2

Dirty2

Nice !!! Cant wait to see it in action .

2. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Make sure you tint that glass green.

Going to be a nice rig man.

3. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

id like to find some orange lexan but no luck, tint dont stick to lexan either.

4. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well i hope to be in the A/G lane at ardmore reunion fri and sat. se ya there

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

looks great sam...was wondering what you've been up to

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

same here , how's 3w larry? jou know me gotta have a new race car , last two not fast enough... must be gettin old this ones kickin my butt..... come to the ardmore race in sep, i'll be there with it for the big reunion race, which has gotten pretty big. I will prolly be at your neck of the woods at tulsa for the nostalgia race in september. cant run with the tulsa gasser guys but can run that deal... see ya :cool:

7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Contact senior fried. He did the red 55 and I think he said it had lexan.
    See you at Ardmore.

Tim

8. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

The tire and wheel combo goes great with the paint. Should be an awesome ride. Some white pin striping or white lettering would look great too. It'd have a nice contrast against the gold.

9. mike shults

mike shults
    from auburn ca.

your car is just plain bad ass!! good luck with it and have a blast! as far as the orange tint lexan goes maybe research marine plastics?

10. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

Will Plexiglass work?Below is the link...
    Transparent: Easily seen through. Our transparent cast acrylic (plexiglass) sheet is a brilliantly colored sheet that you can see through.
    We only offer the highest quality translucent acrylic (plexiglass) sheet available.
    *Our cast acrylic sheet is easier to fabricate and will not melt when cutting or fabricating.
    *It polishes to a crystal clear clarity and is the superior brand for all types of projects.
    *Cast acrylic sheet is 10 times stronger than glass and half the weight!
    *Brilliant Translucent Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Blues, Green, Turquoise, Violet, Whites, Ivory and Black

http://www.delviesplastics.com/transparent_acrylic.htm

11. Cshabang

Cshabang

not bad...hahaha

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

man i dont know it wasnt there and then it was, bam!!!!!!!!! oh well more this weekend I'm on a roll....

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That thing is the cat's ass. Can't wait to see what your able to run with it. Keep us posted.

Frank

14. Sam, as everyone else has commented, nice color! Every car you build just gets better and better. Every hour I spend on my build results in about what looks like 10 minutes work, but if I keep working it will be done some day. I still cant find the right copper or gold Im looking for, but its not like its ready to paint yet so oh well. Keep up the good work. What kind of times are you anticipating with the Henry J?

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

keep hammerin away at it............. im lookin for 1/8th mile 6.0's to run heads up with hooley and the other fast guys in the csga. about a 9.40 or so 1/4 i think, ill get it certified to 8.50 as always...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks great ! What a sweet job you have done ....

17. mike shults

mike shults
    from auburn ca.

no disrespect to you xdrag48,but i tried working with acrylic and it is VERY brittle and does not like to be drilled (if need be) . polycarbanate seems the way to go if you can find the right color. i thought marine colors(from an earlier post) because i've seen some funky colored plastics on some tourney bass boats!

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

all i know is lexan, i have done about 20 race cars in lexan overr the yrs with no problems but never saw any in color , and have tried tint, it wont stay on for me at least ..

19. senior fried

senior fried

Hey Sam, I bought some lexan at lowes and tinted them with red, it has not lifted a bit, worked great on my red 55, If you need some orange tint pm me and i will get you the guys # he has all the colors and made here in the USA. It should work fine on the flat windows.

Attached Files:

20. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

they dont realize us old guys cant sleep at night, so we nap in the afternoon

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

is it the film? send me the info to [email protected]

22. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

today we got the electrical disconnect plate made and mounted over the original gas filler hole, the trans cooler mountedm the willwood brake pedal and two m/s mounted and a new complete anti roll set up fabbed and welded on the rear end . glad I did it now. should help it launch and go straight wsith ease of adjusting.. tomorrow i intend to hang the mtr and trans in it so i can build the floor over it.. hell yea....................

Attached Files:

23. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

can't wait to see.... its comin together fast...and Lookin good!

24. edweird

edweird

Love the car. Love the color. I would name it goldfinger, and have a cartoon painted of some old fart flippen the bird with a gold finger.you custom painters out there can picture this in your mind ,right?

25. edweird

edweird

Or you could name it flakey j.

26. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

still lookin for a name just not feelin one yet any ideas guys??

27. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

ALRIGHT!!! got the 509 and trans in it today. was a good day. gotta change oil pan to clear steering but , so far i like it.......... here ya go

Attached Files:

28. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

you get it..............right on :cool:

29. that is one beutiful gasser you should be very proud

30. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thank youy very much sir............. I am :cool: