Register now to get rid of these ads!

Henrico County, VA Antique Owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Still Runnin, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Are you a Henrico County, VA Antique Owners, This is Just in from fellow Hotrodder, Fred. Please read:

Important Information for Henrico Antique Owners

Those of you who live in Henrico County or have an antique vehicle garaged in Henrico County may have gotten a letter about antique vehicle license tax. The letter states the county is reviewing a license fee, also called an annual fee, registration fee or sticker fee, on all antique vehicles in the county.

I spoke with Ed Trice, Revenue Division Director for Henrico County. All you have to do to be exempt from the license fee is to check the OTHER box on the form and write: anitque vehicle not used for general transportation (see below). He says this will exempt you from the annual license fee.

He quoted a section of the code of Virginia that allows antiques to be used as general transportation as long as they have the month and year stickers on the license plates. I asked him how he could tell these from the vehicles that are used as antiques and he says the owners need to check the other box and state the vehicle is not used for general transportation.

Sample letter is at http://carclubcouncil.com/henrico.html

Please pass this on to anyone who owns an antique vehicle in Henrico County.
    Thanks!

Any questions email me at [email protected].

2. Great heads-up for you folks down around Richmond so here's a nice and cordial bump to the top so all may see............................Don.