Register now to get rid of these ads!

HEMI Tech: Machine Shop Reference by State

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Sep 20, 2007.

1. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I don't think ROD AND CUSTOM MACHINE in Dickson, TN is still operating. I have tried and tried to contact them with no luck. Anyone know for sure?

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does Bob do machine work?? I thought Mr. Walker was only a parts supplier, that's why he was never added to the Machine Shop list?? If he doesn't, I'm sure he USES someone close by.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also! When you guys send me info, please make sure it's all there. Street address, phone number, etc... If I have to look it up, it will take me a longer to add. And if the info is incorrect, it doesn't help anyone.

Thanks guys! Keep it coming!

4. BaltoBeater

BaltoBeater

These guys have done 3 of my friends motors. A 331, 383 and a 440. Great work and reasonable prices. Taking my wifes 331 there in the next year or so.

http://www.jbsautomachine.com/

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  5. darkk

darkk

TLB AUTO MACHINE
    77 Clinton Ave.
    Norwich Ct.
    Owner Terry at 860-889-2232
    Perf. Street Motors specializes in race motors
    In house dyno,head repair,sell parts and equipt.
    Myself and friends have had 11 motors total done from light mods to very serious street motors. Mostly Chevy's,a Ford and a Mopar. Excellent work, prices are very competitive. Terry will talk your ear off if you let him. Actually even if you don't let him. Very knowledgeable and willing to share. All around great shop.

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys... I've added another machine shop to Florida. Daytona Beach area. Eddie Haines. http://www.hemihaines.com/

It appears he's been involved with one of our HAMB members' 331 Blown Hemi project and his website has some INCREDIBLE build tips and tricks, including full sequence build-ups. I'm trying to get in contact with him to talk more in-depth about getting involved with the HAMB and specifically the HEMI Tech section.

We need to keep the info and Tech flowing!

Just passing on the new addition.

7. Larry T

Larry T

How about:

Wayne Calvert Precision Engines
    220 Dallas Drive
    Denton, Texas

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Made a couple corrections to the machine shop list. It's been awhile since anyone has requested any changes or additions. If anyone has any updates on any of the listed machine shops, or any additions that need to be made to the list, please send me a PM. If you have any additions that you would like to be included (must do work, partial or full, on early Hemis), please send me the information and make sure to include any and all information. (name, address, phone number, website and email)

Thanks guys!
    S

9. alkydigger

alkydigger
    from nashville

how did it work out. i'm considering using them for some hemi work.

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who?

11. murfman

murfman

Illinois:

Opel Engineering
    1538 Burgundy
    Streamwood, IL 60107

630-837-2900 (PHONE)
    630-372-5569 (FAX)</SPAN>

http://www.opelengineering.com/

Over the years I have had them build 10 motors and every tolerance has been perfect, in the middle of the range, seriously if the spec is .004 to .008, it will mike out to .006 every time.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you, sir! I added the shop you recommended. It's appreciated!

I can't BELIEVE there are not more shops listed for the Chicago area. Maybe Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle can add something for us... (EH HUM!!! KEVIN!!)

BTTT for machine shops that will do work on our early Hemis. Still a LOT of states with nothing filled in.

THANKS!