Register now to get rid of these ads!

HEMI Tech- Examples and specs!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Mine is a NOS in the crate 1956 Chrysler 354cu. in. Hemi that I found on e-bay. It had never been started or installed in anything. I diasembled it and honed the cylinders for Moly Rings, completely balanced the rotating assembly, and installed a Kris Nielsen 272 Hydraulic Cam, Dodge 340 TRW Lifters, Smith Bros Adjustable Push Rods, Stainless Steel Valves, Moly Valve Retainers and keepers. I used a PAW Front Cover, Water Crossover, Alternator Mount, Oil Filter Adapter, and a Edelbrock Big Block Water Pump. MSD Distributor & Coil, Taylor Ignition Wires, and Champion Spark Plugs. Hot Heads 4 bbl. Intake Manifold, Holley 650 cfm. Carburetor. Hedman Headers. Chrysler Performance Hi Torque Starter. 53 Cadillac Air Cleaner, with LT 1 Chev base with K & N element.
    I runs great.
    HemiDeuce.

Attached Files:

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Here's my '54 331 bored .030 with '55 Egge pistons, PAW cam, SS valves, Edmunds hi-rise 2 x 2 with a '52 & '54 Carter on top. Almost ready to start in my '36 Dodge pickup.

Attached Files:

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. 8thdaycr8

8thdaycr8

Here is my first ever post on my build (truck and motor):

1938 Dodge 1/2 ton

270 Dodge Hemi
    small block Mopar 727 torqueflite
    Ford 9"
    Alston 4-link rear
    Mustang II IFS w/ manual rack
    Front and rear disc brakes

First off, I want to thank those who have shared some invaluable information regarding my 270 build up: Quality Engineered Components, TR Waters, Bob Walker at Hot Heads, Jack Wagner in Oklahoma.

The building of my 270 Hemi w/ 4-71 blower is in progress but for now I will be running a stock 270 Hemi with a 2bbl until it's finished. With luck I managed to score an original Ronco/Vertex magneto for this 270. I have an older NOS performance cam & lifters (stamped 794 on the end of it, but I will take it in to have it checked out). Pulleys, belt and other accessories still need to be purchased. I'm still deciding on using the stock water pump or the SBC pump with water cross over. The bottom end will have main cap studs w/ a girdle. The oil pan is converted to rear sump and has a Melling M-50 oil pump. I was planning on using 2x2 carbs but from what I've been told, it may not be enough CFM. I will be probably using a 4 bbl.

This is just a short list for now, I have to cut it short (2 young kids).

Hope you enjoy

Attached Files:

6. 73RR

73RR

Looks good! Thanks for the plug:)

You might consider starting a separate build thread...

7. allenolga

allenolga

my old hemi 15 years 2 cars and going strong.
    old phone 061.jpg

4tford likes this.
  8. Besty34

Besty34

[​IMG]
    Here’s my 56 330 DeSoto , it’s been bored out to 341, Ross Racing pistons 101/2:1 comp, Racer Brown cam, DeSoto Adventurer dual quad inlet, two 500 Edelbrocks, Joe Hunt mag, ported and polished heads, larger stainless valves, this is the nicest Hemi I have ever owned .

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4tford and jeepsterhemi like this.
  9. George

George

Saw this on FB, check out the valve covers. [​IMG]

slayer and INVISIBLEKID like this.