Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hemi starter ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dumprat, Dec 30, 2018.

1. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Quick question.

Can I get a starter for an early hemi with a 146 tooth flywheel that the gear drive and solenoid are positioned vertically instead of offset to the left? I have 2.5" from the centerline of the bolt holes to the steering box.

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you try Hot Heads Research? I am new to the honorable halls of the hemi but these guys are a lot of help when I need it...and they sent me a Christmas card.

3. bct

bct

4. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Hot heads just sells the powermaster starter. Which if it's like their alternators are just Chinese crap.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I wonder if that’s something that could be rotated with out a lot of grief?

6. I use a starter off a 1989 dodge Dakota. I get them from the local parts store. They are inexpensive and work great. They look just like the mopar performance starter with out the extra cost. There is a piece that can be bolted in place to change the angle of the cable attachment point. A friend gave me one. I'm not sure where he got it.
    As far as power master products or hot heads I have always been very satisfied in anything I have gotten from them and I have used way more than most here.

Hnstray likes this.
  7. bct

bct

the one in the link I posted can be clocked in 10 different positions some have "infiniclock"

Hnstray likes this.
  8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The item in the linked ad is described as “made in the USA”........

9. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I had two friends with power master alternators that failed right out of the box.