Register now to get rid of these ads!

hemi question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mickeyc, Feb 17, 2013.

1. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hello everyone MickeyC here. I have an Industrial 331 short bell Hemi. I would like to install a mild cam and run a 4 barrel carb on this motor. It now has a 2 barrel Stromberg unit. The problem I see is it has no water passage provisions on the end of the heads. All the 4 barrel manifolds I have seen have no water out on the manifold itself? Am I stuck with a two barrel manifold?

2. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Nope. the Weiand dual quad intake has ports on the intake flange that allows you to let the hot water out of the heads but you have to run a seperate thermostat housing. As well Hot Heads sell a single 4 barrel intake that has the same provisions. Your industrial heads must be the same as the truck heads , no water outlets on the front.

3. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Forgot to mention if you have an oem single 4 barrel intake you can also drill and tap (pipe thread) yourself. but the drill and pipe tap $$$ best to run the HOT HEADS intake, nice aluminum!

4. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

You can use the 54 car intake with a little modification to the center water passages in the heads.

Attached Files:

5. mickeyc

mickeyc

Thanks guys for the input. What mods would you have to do to the intake
    Mr. Waters?

6. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

The center water ports in the heads are taller than those in the intake. So you would need to either add onto the intake to cover the holes, or shorten the holes in the heads by welding or epoxy. This picture will give you an idea of what I am referring to.

Attached Files: