Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hemi parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elcamino65, Feb 9, 2011.

1. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I am getting ready to take my 241/270 red ram heads to the machine shop to be rebuilt but i need to buy, valves, seats, guides and springs. but cant find much for parts for the small early hemis.
    Anyone have a good source.
    thanks

2. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Check out either Egge or Hot Heads. Egge is in Santa Fe Springs, CA and Hot Heads is in North Carolina I believe.

3. George

George

4. Andy

Andy

Grind the bumps in the intake ports down while you have the guides out. Cut them down so it is a smoth shape and just the guide sticks down unsupported. The 315 had smaller bumps than the 270 and the power went up a lot. The 325 had a milder cam and made a bunch more power than the 315. The bumps were compely cut down in the 325"s

5. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I hate the rock auto website. anymore suggestions

6. Egge (egge.com)
    Hot Heads (hothemiheads.com)
    PAW (earlyhemiengineparts.com)
    these are the only places i shop and in this order, if egge does not carry what i need then hot heads and last i sugest PAW but they can be on the high side.

i would also do a little port work while the guides and seats are going to be replaced... my sugestion is streamline the boss around the guide and clean the bottom of the bowl up and gasket match the ports then blend everything together. id work the exhaust most and just do the port matching and bowl work/ blending for the intake.

fly high, fly fast, and cover your ass.......

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  7. George

George

Quality Engeneered Components, 73RR here on the Board.

8. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Your machine shop should be able to supply everything you need. If the guides are intact, they can be sleeved. Plus sleeving can get you to 11/32 valve stem diameter. At that point seats, valves, and springs are just a matter of cross referencing.

Feel free to email me if you have more questions. [email protected]

9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

x2 on having your machinist secure the parts. Anytime I have machine work done I always have my machinist order up the parts (cam bearings, valvetrain, rings, bearings, etc) and add to the machine shop bill.
    He gets the parts cheaper than I could and doesn't even tack any profit on them. He knows where to get the parts and inspects them to confirm they're dead on.

10. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

I though i should just drop them off and have the machine shop order the stuff and install it but they said i was pretty much on my own.