Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hemi header gaskets??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Brand Apart, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

anyone make a good gasket for 1st gen Chrysler hemi? I've used Percy's dead soft aluminum on a Mopar b-engine in an OT vehicle and loved them, but I couldn't fine 1st gen hemi application. Mr. gasket just started making similar product but again not for hemi. What are you guys using? Lots of hemi guys giving great tech here on the HAMB but I've never seen this topic covered.

2. on my car and on the nitro dragster we use red high temp silicone. no gaskets. one is a street/strip car the other race car. neither one has had any issues. i lay a nice bead on the header. what ever extra on the inside burns off. on the outside edge after its dry i cut it off. works great.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Several years ago I got turned on to a product made by Chrysler and has a Chrysler part number. It is a R.T.V. type product. We have been using it on our all Aluminum race motor without any gasket at all on our headers. It's amazing stuff. Even when we had a lean burn down it stayed in place. Hard to believe. I'm away from the shop right now but come tomorrow (Sat.) I'll post up the part number. I have used the High Temp silicone and this stuff is many times better.
    The Wizzard

loudbang likes this.
  4. So as to the Chrysler sealant. It's called MOPAR Gear Sealant part #82300234. MS-GF44D. I'm not easily impressed but this stuff does it for me. I haven't used head to header gaskets for years since being turned on to this stuff. Header leaks on Aluminum heads usually means a trip to the welding table for the head. I haven't had to do that in 8 seasons.
    The Wizzard

5. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Thanks for the info, I've got a little time before I get to this point but I'm trying to get all the parts and plans together.

6. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

I used stock header gaskets, safety wire the bolts. But you have seal the header bolt holes or use studs or water leaks out.