Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hemi 2x4brl air filters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Otto, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Otto

Otto

I will be running a 392 hemi w/a weiand 2 x 4brl manifold toped with edelbrocks. I am wanting to run a "helment" style air filter housing or "dog dish" style, but the carbs sit a little too close together for many of the units that are out there.
    BUT, I could swear that I have seen this combo before. Any help refreshing my memory or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be a big bonus.

Thanks

Otto
    39 Ford coupe 392 Hemi

2. silent rick

silent rick

try our very own vaphead. eric is an alliance vendor. riley automotive. i was after him for months to add them to his product line. he did for edelbrock carbs with a 5 1/8 diameter base, but they won't work with afb's. tell him silent rick sent you.

3. silent rick

silent rick

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Harley Twin-Cam ('97-02 I believe) used a nice oval air filter that works for dual quad setups. You have to work up a base, but the pretty side looks okay! Best part is, there are scads of these things just laying around at Harley shops, ask nice and you might get a free pair. I believe they're $50/ea if you buy them new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Here's what ya do...get the Helmet air cleaners you want, and either (A) cut out the base hole and offset it...or (B) just make new bases, using a simple hammer form outta plywood.....:D

6. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

[​IMG]these air cleaner lips overlapped so i just spaced up the rear air cleaner so the lips would clear.
    dan