Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rideron66, Jan 7, 2012.

1. The first thing you gotta do is stick your hand in your pants and make sure you have a penis and a set of balls. Then you need to answer for yourself, as a family man - did you make a wise decision for your family? Did your purchase effect your family and put it in a strained situation?

Ok got that answered fairly and honestly ?

If the answers are yes & no, then remember what the hell your balls are for, tell your wife there's no need to sell anything.

If the answers are no & yes, just hand your balls to your wife, anlong with your wallet and checkbook because she will make better use of them than you will. Do whatever she says and ask for her permission
    before you do anything, you'll be much happier letting her make the decisions.

Be honest.

2. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

learn something new everyday

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Do what she says.......you know balls in her purse. Realistically the Mark II is badass.

4. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Just head to the jewelry store and pick up some little shiny bullshit, hand it to hear and say... Im keeping both cars. I have never done that though.

Mine understands that as long as the bills are being paid, and there is food on the table she has no place to say stuff like that. I bring home 90% of the income so if I buy something, I must have been able to afford it. Last heep I got, all she said was wow your going to need a bigger garage.

Jon

5. havi

havi

That should be everyone's goal. It is mine, anyway.

Great car, I would ask for forgiveness before permission for something like that.

6. ......Pretty much built by hand as I understand it. Extremely well constructed with an emphasis on fit and finish, not exactly something that was a priority in Detroit (or Dearborn) at the time.

7. If I was in the same predicament I would probably tell my wife to go back to the kitchen.

BTW I cant decide if I should wear a red sweater or a yellow one.
    Yellow makes me sad but red wont match with my socks or hat..
    Hamb what should I do???

Decisions, decisions.....

8. sewman

sewman
    from Toledo,Oh

My current Wife #2 doesn't care what I buy as long as it doesn't set outside,20+ years of being a happy man!!!!
    She says whatever makes me happy is OK with her.

9. How do you write women so well?

Easy. I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.

:DIt's a joke okay?;)

10. Never2low

Never2low

I'm sure you'll miss her a little, at first.....:p
    Love the look of those Mark II's. I always thought they looked the best in a deep, lusterous, brandywine, or saphire color.

11. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Just wave as she backs out of the driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

wood chipper.....

13. ask her how many pairs of shoes she has........

14. jazzbum

jazzbum

very true. many lincoln parts though, and sold by lincoln dealers. the story goes, they hand-selected the choicest lincoln 368s and trannys off of the assembly line to go into these cars--wanted the smoothest running drivetrain possible. interiors were imported scotch leather. hand-sanded paint. the cars cost something like $10,000 new. elvis owned one. mondo prestige in '56 and '57. i always thought it was pretty obvious the designers took a hell of a lot of cues from the indie customizers of the day.

15. Here's one in Brandywine from a few years ago. You could eat off this car it was pristine and took first place in that show.

Attached Files:

16. not dead yet

not dead yet

Tell her it is an investment. Better than money in savings at .5 percent. Down the road,if you keep it long enough, it will be worth more than you paid for it plus you had fun with your "saved" money.

17. Never2low

Never2low

Be still my heart! Is it just the light, or does it almost look like it's got a magenta (kind of pinky) color to it? Either way it's no wonder why it took first. Thanks for posting.:cool:

18. Rideron66

Rideron66
    from Virginia

Hey guys, I have really enjoyed all the responses to my tongue in cheek plea for help. My wife love the 46 and thinks the MK II is a keeper as well. I'm a pretty lucky guy. Thank you all and have the happiest of new years

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres how I handled it. Her: "you know, you have 4 project cars, if you sold one, you could put the money towards finishing the Chevy II" Me: "Hmmm, yea, you have a good point there. I could pull the FE out of the '67 Falcon, and sell it rolling. Yea, thats not a bad idea, you know. I could take the money from that and buy a round body falcon. Then I could sell the C-6 out of it, put that money towards a toploader, put a straight-axle in it..." Her: "never mind". Works every time...

20. That MK II may not be a hot rod but I love it.

21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Everytime I see one of these threads it reminds me why I never remarried. :D:D

I think I'll go out and buy some car part today to celebrate. :D

Don

22. Buy her a couple toys and call it even!

23. No brainer sell the damned old ford.

Maybe make a deal with the missus to keep it until you are close to making the Mark II ready to drive. If money is tight enough that owning both is going to put a strain on your relationship then you really don't have any other choice.

By the way i had a '46 Coupe for a long time, it was my car that I could fall back on if my morotcycle happened to need overhauling and I was near where I left it the last time. I really loved that old car. if I had it today I wouldn't trade it for all the lincolns in the world.

24. evs1

evs1

25. jazzbum

jazzbum

that was john updike that said that. good writer.

26. tell her to kiss your ass, pack your junk in a shoebox and move out to your garage. my wife would tell you that is what i would tell her