Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with value on my 32 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSWE, Feb 5, 2012.

1. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

not much. it's only a deuce.....

2. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I hate when this happens!!! It will always be for sale not for sale lol

3. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I just got a call and was told the market is down!! I'll send ya 20k tomorrow after that it drops to 15k

4. I would hazzard to guess between 35,000 to 40,000 in these time of economic stress...
    very sharp and well done car.... not to say some wealthy person in a higher cash flow wouldn't pony up 50,000 k cause the cars gorgeous.
    all depends on time frame for the sale.....

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is one fine ride. Don't sell unless you have to and I agree with the north of $40,000 USD if it was in the States but imo it should be worth a bunch more on your side of the pond but that's just my 02 cents worth.
    Again, awesome 32!

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

That roadster is so choice … I cant even imagine considering parting with something like that.

7. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What he said

8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I think it's worth whatever it cost you to build it, or more. It would surprise me that you could build a car like that for $55K where you live. Take a look in Hemmings. It's a beautiful build.

9. HOTRODSWE

HOTRODSWE

I think I got at least 50K in it plus all work hours.....

10. MistShift

MistShift

Factoring in the exchange rate, economic times, shipping, and the Fibonacci Rule, I am sending you $1,000 Canadian dollars.

Kidding, it should bring at least 50K, if not I wouldn't let it go.

Beautiful!

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hell Bound Hot Rods built a Brookville '32 Roadster with a sbc for $65K. However, they had another Brookville '32 Roadster that was their display car/test car which was advertised for $30K.

12. Looks like a million bucks to me..............

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

That car has the PERFECT look! When ever I deside to sell something it is because I need the funds for another project or household bills. I've always been happy at the time of the sale and life goes on. Sure, there are a few cars/parts I'd like to have back again, but for the most part they would get resold at todays market prices. You could order all the parts again and build a twin to this car. Put a value on your labor to build the car plus the cost of parts and you should have the cars value.

14. 19Fordy

19Fordy

One thing is for sure. The cost of building a car like yours will never go down.

15. A Rodder

A Rodder

I think 50 -55k is real fair for this side of the world.
    with that in mind, what does a car like that go for over there.

If you seen your car for sell there for 45k would you think its a steal?
    Or at 55k would that be laughable.

If I couldn't get 55k US DOLLARS, it wouldn't leave.
    I guess you have to do the exchange rate of our dollar to yours.

16. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Finding someone GOOD! to build you a roadster, you would probably be waiting a year, plus it would probably take another year to build, and throw in 100/150K to build, makes me think its got to be worth 55k or more!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I agree, I think it would be 50-55k here in the US, in Sweden I'd think you'd add 20k pretty easy.

18. 22 track

22 track

That is a great looking car. A factor I have not seen mentioned is the exchange rate. Historically, the Australian Dollar (AUD) is very strong right now compared to the US Dollar (USD). and is worth about $1.06 USD. That makes it impractical to import into the US, especially with shipping costs added. Ten years ago, the AUD was only worth about half the USD. Therefore, a 50,000 AUD roadster would have been a screaming deal at 25,000 USD.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

When the Aussie dollar is strong, the demand for export to Oz goes up dramatically.

high demand = higher prices

20. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

I think you would get better payed in the us then i sweden.

21. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

A car that nice, you want to get what you want out of it. Brookville or not, it is first class. Too me it looks timeless.

22. reefer

reefer

Put it up for sale at the price you want.What is a fortune to some, is pocket change to others....it just needs to be seen by the right person at the right time.You can always drop the price if you find there is no interest, but pricing it too low and it being snapped up leaves a gut feeling that you just made a mistake.....I sold a cherry 36 3 window to Sweden when I should have just thrown a cover over it for a few months....when I look back at pictures of it and the price I sold it for, it makes me sick.

Great looking car, I would`nt change a thing.

23. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

In Australia cars of that ilk are often advertised at prices above 80k. not joking...

Not joking.