Register now to get rid of these ads!

help with truck history

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tikidiablo, Dec 12, 2005.

1. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

So, I bought this truck last year from a class act old timer. I have had it stored it at a friend's house . I while back a guy stopped by my friends house and recognized my truck. He said it was in Hot Rod, as well as Motor Trend magazines back in '64. It has been a So-Cal truck and I think it was from the Culver City area. I understand it had a 409 in it.

Here's a few pictures of it. It was full fendered, orange in color with a pearl to it. Chrome running boards and gold leaf with black pinstriping accents. The upholstery was in a pearlescent white and it had a small bench seat in the bed as well. Maybe somebody recognizes it or has any info/history to it? Thanks for any info.

Danny

Attached Files:

2. Most certianly looks to be a high end car for the time period it was built.

How much of it do you have? If you have the frame and most of the parts It would defianitly be worth putting back togeather like it was origianlly.

If it was featured in those magizines it was be pretty easy to find good pics of it.

Good luck man.

3. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I have the cab and bed. I think I am leaning towards restoring it's paint and color scheme to it's original glory, but fenderless. Thanks.

4. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

Looks like it would be a bitch to get in and out of due to the seat coming so far to the front. I'd like to see some hottie in a short skirt getting in.
    By the looks of the seating I bet it was paired up with a 70's drag boat at one time.
    Good luck with the project. Researching the history will be fun.

5. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

BTTT for Alterdpilot. Good talking with you today.

6. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

7. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal