Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help with Titles!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpinok, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rpinok

rpinok
    from Oklahoma

I am building 4 T Buckets and have built many in the past. I used to be able to buy old titles from a guy who advertised in the car magazines and then register them here in Oklahoma and get a clear title. I have been trying to calll the guy but get no responce so I guess he is out of business?? Anyway does any one have any idea how I can title these cars that I am building from the ground up from mostly swap meet parts?? ( no MSO or reciepts) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. You are just asking for trouble if you do not go to your DMV and ask them the LEGAL way to get it titled. A title is a government legal document, don't you think the proper people to ask would be at the proper government office that has the authority to issue titles?

3. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

search function- "historical document"

4. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

call your dmv. lot less jail time involved.

5. rpinok

rpinok
    from Oklahoma

Well I know the LEGAL way in Oklahoma, I have to present a reciept of each and every part,nut, and bolt, used to build the automobile and "if" they agree they assign a assenbled vehicle or AV title, which makes it a 2011 vehicle and then they charge excise tax for the total amount. As I said not only do I not have a reciept for all parts I dont want to go that route. I have done this the good old way for over 25 years and have no intention of paying the bloodsucking tax collectors more money because they need a new Lincoln! Sorry, I will get off my soapbox now

6. chillywilly

chillywilly

Rich 909-821-0262 He's a HAMB brother also ... look for "I partout chevys!!" that's his name on here. Best money I've spent... tell him you got the info from chillywilly!!!

7. itsa425

itsa425

Il is the same way! Lookiing for the almighty $$$$$

8. rpinok

rpinok
    from Oklahoma

Thanks, Chilly Willy!

9. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

It's not that hard to get a new title in OK. There are several methods. If you have an ID numbers, you can do a title 42, specifically if you use a late-model frame or something. You can have it inspected by the highway patrol and have a new VIN issued by the tag agency. You can also request a new title through the local courthouse, it still has to be inspected. You don't have to present receipts for all the nuts and bolts.
    Check out this story I wrote for Auto Enthusiast-
    http://editions.amospublishing.com/KRPR/default.aspx?d=20101201 Page 42

You can get a new VIN issued, its not that tough. You also might want to check out the Dynacorn website, they make the new bodies for Camaros, Mustangs, etc. There is a section on their website that details every state's laws on VINs.

10. rpinok

rpinok
    from Oklahoma

Great! Thanks 71 buickfreak