Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help with this spring. 1951 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shivasdad, Jun 1, 2018.

1. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Howdy HAMBaholics,
    I am putting the clutch and brake pedals back in a 1951 Ford Convertible. I labelled everything and even took pictures prior to disassembly, but I missed this puppy. IMG_20180601_101532984.jpg IMG_20180601_101542468.jpg
    It was in the bag with the hardware for the pedals assembly, but I can't figure out where it went. The clutch is adjusted and working smoothly, and the brake pedal has its return spring in place and feels right. (I haven't bled the brakes yet.)

The possibility exists that my helper mixed it in from somewhere else while cleaning and painting hardware, but I'm reasonably sure that it is from this car. As you can see, it's 3 inches long overall, and 1 inch in diameter, and is a fairly stout spring. Thanks for any help, redirection to a diagram, or other slaps in my head to jog my memory. I've searched but found no picture with this spring in it.

2. Chiss

Chiss
    from S.C.

Pedal Return Maybe ?

3. greybeard360

greybeard360

Flathead_Clutchassy_1935-39_85hp.jpg

I know this is earlier but may get you in the ballpark.

catdad49 likes this.
  4. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

[​IMG]
    Okay, I think it was the clutch return spring, but now I'm missing the little bracket that bolts on with one of the starter plate bolts. D'oh! I'll look through this car's cart again. Thanks for the diagram, it gave me a clue on how to google the right thing.

catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.