Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with rebuilt 31 AA truck transmission price

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cody repp, Jan 15, 2009.

1. cody repp

cody repp
    BANNED

i have a fully rebuilt 1931 ford AA truck transmission with zero miles,Its very nicely painted, has reverse lockout,shifter,etc.I was going to put in the classifieds section for sale.........but i can't find anything,anywhere online to give me a ballpark idea of how much to ask for it
    (i looked for 2 hours)........So whats it worth?? Im not ashamed to ask for help, im here to learn :)

thanks
    Cody

2. bellhousing is worth about 100-150
    the rest of it is good for a paper weight
    tk

3. If the International Society of Paper Weight collectors is not interested in your transmission try the Ford Model AA Truck Club, 1365 Cherryvale Rd., Boulder CO 80303. Also place an ad on mafca.com, modelaford.org, fordbarn.com and ahooga.com. Place an ad in the newsletters of the local Model A clubs (mafca.com and modelaford.org list the local chapters). I am sure there is someone out there that needs it. I recently sold a set of engine splash pans that were 1932, 4 cylinder right hand drive only so your transmission should be “easy”. As to value, my guess (and it is out of my field) would be about $500 to the right person

Charlie Stephens

4. oldtin

oldtin

I had an AA trans and rear axle listed for a while at several of the resto type sites @ $50. ea.
    got 1 call and no takers, ended up giving them away. I didn't have any use for them, but I just cant scrap vintage iron.

5. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Check here... Had some guys on this site see an add I put up and purchased all of the running gear out from under my '29 AA

http://www.aa-fords.com/

6. mbshafter

mbshafter
    from Detroit

If it's as nice as you say, between $400 - $500. Like Charlie suggests the AA Truck club, they have a great web site for posting parts, you might have to wait awhile before you sell it but someone will be looking for it. I was 8 years ago, I rounded up parts for a 31' stake truck. The AA cases crack easy so good ones go for at least $100 (just bare case).