Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with parts value for insurance claim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by h.i., Aug 13, 2009.

1. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Hi guys

Been through a lot in the last month. Had a small tornado come through and wipe out 5 cars and some of my parts stash. I am looking for some ballpark values on a few things for the insurance company and can't really find many comps on the auction site. All parts WERE good condition except the ones noted. Here is the list:
    34 ford heavy truck frame -$500?
    34 ford truck gas tank -$250?
    34 ford truck front fenders (2 sets) -$200/pr?
    46 ford coupe frame -$1000?
    1 set of 17" ford wire wheels (rough) -$100?
    1 set of 16" ford solid wheels -$100?
    52 plymouth hood -$300?
    52 plymouth front bumper -$150?
    52 plymouth gravel pan with stainless -$100?
    28 buick trunk box -$50?
    Assorted 20's windshield frames, ?

Any help from you guys would be much appreciated. I know what I paid, but I don't know what replacement would be, if I can even find the stuff again. We had a new baby come a month early last week, and my hands are kind of full with that and trying to clean up the giant trees that fell.
    My Cadillac that I had just finished, that one hurts the most. I'll put some more caddy pics up later. You can barely see the car in the one shot.
    The rest of the cars were liability only.
    Thanks in advance,
    Fred

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, lucky only "stuff" got wrecked. What kind of proof do you need to state replacement value? Are these things that were in a building covered by your home owners insurance? Has insurance company said that they will pay for stuff that you listed? There is a'50 Plymouth listed under Parts For Sale on here-close to '52. Hope that you had full coverage on your Cadillac. Big example of "shit happens". Wish you the best!

3. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Way more stuff got damaged, this is just for the personal property claim. I lost 5 cars, the house, the attached garage, the detached garage, the neighboors truck and his garage. I lost 5 really big trees. They all fell on something. Insurance only pays to have them removed from off the building and put on the ground, not removed from your property. It's a real screw job.

4. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

All you have to do it use your insurance once, to find out what it doesn't cover.

5. I lost 151 trees in a tornado six years ago. I know how you feel, believe me. My solution was to cut them up, burn them and bury the remains in the pasture (6 acres). It worked. Insurance covered none of it.

6. Swifster

Swifster

You may have limited coverage on parts. But it's likely there is a limit. I would be curious though how those frames would have been damaged.

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, that sucks! Is the house in the background of the pic a neighbors place? Those damn tornadoes are weird, they'll tear crap to pieces, and 20 feet away you'll have stuff that is totally untouched. Hope you get a decent settlement from the insurance company.

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I dealt with an insurance puke once and he was prepared to give me 500 US for my 49 Buick. I told him that Grandpa bought it new and it had been outta San Diego county once in the 50's. After the story I got 5k, and got to buy the car back for 300 because " nobody wants that old thing".

9. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Wow, 115 trees. I feel like a pussy now, haha. I don't think I can dig a big enough hole to bury these things. They have a 2k cap on parts that are not attached to a vehicle. I have some tools and a few other things that were damaged as well. I am waiting to see what the body shop and Hagerty come up with for the caddy. The initial estimate was 2,600 for a new roof and full paint, including all the stainless repair, (yeah, right). I was going to try and do it myself, but I will never have the time. The rest of the cars were liability only.

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

FRont fendersfor 32 are about 500.00 a pair if not higher Windsheild frames 100 dollars a peice .16 inch ford rims roughly 255 If you need receipts or wanna show them valuewatch ebay or copy some of the listings in classified here at the hamb.Some of the prices I quoted you are from watching ebay for last 6 month's .Your pretty close on the other ones.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009