Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with ID of headlight and conversion info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, May 12, 2010.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

This is the headlight on my 31 Nash, I don't think it is original . It says Bausch & Lomb Star in the middle and is 10 1/2 ".It has been converted at one time with halogens but the lights are pretty dim, any ideas on what to do? Thanks guys! :)

Attached Files:

2. It looks like someone has made a ring to hold a sealed beam headlight behind the original lens. The sealed beam may indeed be halogen. When people with Model A Fords try to put a sealed beam behind an original lens the light is so difused it is useless. The trick is to resilver (or better yet use aluminum from UVIRA (541) 474-5050) your original reflectors and run bulbs like the high out bulbs from Ron Francis, (800) 292-1940, wire-works.com. Finding reflectors for a Nash may be a problem but if you are lucky something else might fit.

Charlie Stephens

3. Squablow

Squablow

I think I have one of those headlights like that with the peak at the top. Let me know if you want me to dig it out. Let's say $20 plus shipping if you want it.

4. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thanks for the idea , the silver is in need of repair on the reflector ring inside.
    And yes I may be interested in an extra headlight if it is the same!:)