Register now to get rid of these ads!

help with i.d.ing some of these headlight lenses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrape, Dec 5, 2009.

1. scrape

scrape

i have all these lenses posted in the classifieds and would like to i.d. them..... im not trying to get rich off them,,,, id like to see em get to people who need them.... some of these are pretty old, one has a pat. date of like 1914.... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421436 .... im posting the link so i dont have to repost al the pics... i guess this will prob look like spam or whatever... anyway if this post is out of line please delete....

Attached Files:

2. LowFat48

LowFat48

the 2 squarish ones look like `39 Nash lafayette

3. scrape

scrape

was thinking those might be nash.....
    any one else????

4. A lot of them you almost need to take any numbers from them and find the right old catalog to look them up in. I had one from a single headlight I tried to get an ID on and googled it and found a guy selling them, but he was a dick - he wouldn't tell me what the lens is for, but he would buy it from me for some cheap price. I told him to pound sand because if I can't find out what it is and find out what it's worth, how do I know if his offer is good or not?

The irony is at a car show this fall I found another, identical headlight for $5, so now I have a matched pair.

5. scrape

scrape

anyone else????