Register now to get rid of these ads!

help with hydramatic kickdown on 2x4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joewit, May 28, 2009.

1. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

Im trying to put a 2x4 setup on my 55 olds with a 324 and the hyrdramatic trans. My carbs are rochester 4gc from 52 or 53. Does anyone have any tips for hooking up the kickdown linkage I've been trying to make a bracket but its getting frustrating. If anyone has this setup and could post pics of this specifically that would be great. And its a Offy intake.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  2. bryan6902

bryan6902

Try getting in touch with yorgatron right here on the HAMB. He seems to chime in whenever there is a question about hydramatics.

3. belair

belair

Get it right or you'll be looking for a new tranny. As was said-that's a whole lot more than just the kick-down.

4. can't remember, My 56 I added a Locar pedal and linkage for a turbo 350 and part of the stock monkey motion linkage and worked just fine with very few adjustments

Attached Files:

5. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

I understand it needs to be hooked up but I need some ideas of how since it doesnt just fit on a 53 carb. and it comes out between the two carbs. I'll probably figure it out tomorrow afternoon but trying to get some ideas, till then Ive only been working on it in the dark.

6. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

headed out o try again

7. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

starting to get there, drove it today but I would still like to see some pics if anyone else has a similar setup.