Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with front bumper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47 ford, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 47 ford

47 ford

Guys,

I need some thoughts on a front bumper for my car. Yes I know I can go stock, but I was thinking someting to follow the lines of the Plymouth grill. I am going to mold in a front splash pan either way. Maybe some photo shop ideas?

Attached Files:

2. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Finally John, lol.

Sweats 47 had the same grill in it and ran the stock pan and bumper. Not a bad look at all and very doable, but John was hoping to compliment the lines of the grill a bit more.

Attached Files:

3. Squablow

Squablow

'40 Chrysler has a bumper with a peak in the center like your grille, would look nice although they're hard to come by. Here's a pic of mine.

Attached Files:

4. Chad s

Chad s

I had 49 plymouth bumpers on mine 2 years ago. I have decided that nothing looks better than the stock one with bumper guards. I prefer the 42-46 style bumpers and guards, as the guards are closer together in the back, and frame out the license plate nicely.

My Plymouth bumpers are for sale though if thats the look your going for. They are nice, but for a more accurate early 50's look, which is what im going for, stock bumpers look great.

5. dannyego

dannyego

I had a 50 dodge which has a very similar front end. I ended up just moving the grille in a few inches and it made a big difference.

6. 47 ford

47 ford

I tink I will be going with the stock front bumper, maybe just moving it in a little closer. Thanks guys.

7. Chad s

Chad s

Yes, moving in the bumper an inch or so closer does a lot!Id do the same on the rear as well.