Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with ford C4 leak.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by telecaster_6, Sep 22, 2010.

1. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

I have a flathead with a flat-0-matic c4 kit. As soon as i start to add fluid to the trans (after 2-3 quarts) it begins leaking out fluid from what looks like the bellhousing and the case. Could the o-ring on the filler tube leaking be leaking and weeping down to that interface making me think that is where its leaking? It doesnt seem like 2-3 quarts is enough fluid to even bring the fluid level up enough for it to leak out of the pump area.

I really...really dont want to have to pull the motor out of the car ( nessesary to get the trans out) so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

That's possible, swap in a new o ring and see how that works. Lets cross fingers for you.

3. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Thanks for all the help guys!

Its amazing how this board went from something usefull to just a stupid benchracing session and picture show.

4. HotRod33

HotRod33

wow thats pretty good... rip everybody on the board here when your the one that doesn't know how to fix your own problem...... and you put it together..... sorry that we can't help you..... next time I would put in a removeable trans crossmember then you at least won't have to pull the motor.....

5. mrforddude

mrforddude

Wow, I was going to try to add in some helpful insight...

If you had a twelve inch dick on your forehead would you be able to see the end of it?

Nope your balls would be in the damn way...

Just because you dont get an answer to your immediate liking doesnt mean you wont get one. Some people dont live on here they actually have a life and are working on their own stuff. I know I wish I was and not stuck halfway around the world at work trying to make it till quiting time goofing off on here...

And as fast as the posts come and go on here, by the time someone who could have given you help may have missed your post because it had already slid down to like page 4 or 5.

Take a chill pill and rethink what you have done and recheck it...that's where I usually find that I made the mistake...

6. So have you tried the o-ring fix Telecaster 6? Whats up?

7. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Just for sh_ts and giggles, try the o-ring! They do dry up and shrink, especially when they are near a hot exhaust pipe. I would always change that damn seal out when doing fluid changes.

If that don't work get some Hostess mini donuts and use them! Old boss called them O-rings!

U wanted some half-assed answers, u got em!

Being serious: I have seen bellhousings crack on the C4's.