Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with a paint question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hkestes, Jan 1, 2011.

1. hkestes

hkestes

I have searched but not found an answer to my question.

Just repainted my daughters 2000 Accord in my garage with Single Stage Urethane Enamel. Went back to the stock color which is a dark green metalic. First thing I have really painted in close to 25 years so the SS Metalic was probably not the best choice but the car has close to 200K on it and I was just trying to get her by a couple of years until she can afford a new car.

There are a couple specks in the paint as well as a couple patches of orange peel. I realize that color sanding the metalic is not a good thing to do, so my question is would just buffing with rubbing or polishing compound help with the blemishes or should I just leave it alone and tell her it looks 100% better than it did and to live with it?

2. I have no idea, but being a 2000 Accord, I would say live with it

3. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

4. 57Nailhead

57Nailhead
    from Anna,Ohio

leave it alone.we spray 90% single stage in our shop (restorations) and it is almost impossible to buff a metallic or pearl.you've about gotta go base clear with that stuff.

5. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Let it be. Looks good from here ! !

6. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Been there, done that. Can not do anything with it. One option is to put a clear on top and then you can buff that. Being that it is a newer car, call it done.

Neal