Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP with a 66 C10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Jan 24, 2011.

1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

I want to lower my truck as much as possible but without BAGS.... Heres the problem I like the drum brakes, I dont want disk, it didnt come out on my 66 so I dont want them on the truck, I would like to change spindles and springs but what Ive found the maker wants you to use disks brakes....can anyone help?

2. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

I wrote a very long response to your question and the board would not let me post it .... and I don't want to re-write it all again. If you want to call me, my home number is (626) 447-7130. Before calling, confirm whether your truck has four coil springs or two coils and two leaf springs. Good luck with your truck. Roger

3. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

you can go sevreal inches with drop springs all the way around. 66 c10 will have coils in back too. just remember the stock height is prob best for part longevity and ride comfort. i know, stock height isn't as sexy, but it's the best especially if you want to ever use it as a truck. glad you are sticking with drum brakes, too many want to go disc route. good luck.