Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with 1965 Dodge dump truck brakes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Mopar Tony, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

I'm looking at buying this truck to use around the house. This truck was parked 10 years ago from the brakes going out. It is a air over hydraulic system and I am curious if I can switch it to a normal hydraulic system or a hydroboost system. I don't know what is wrong the the brakes currently just was told they went out so he parked it.

Attached Files:

2. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Morgan Milstead likes this.
  3. quickfarms

quickfarms

Based on the the age of the truck it is more than likely a system that is similar to the military deuce and a half M35 series.

You have to look at the truck. If it has a normal master cylinder and an air compressor on the engine you need to look underneath for what is called an air pack

[​IMG]

4. SS327

SS327

Believe it or not but NAPA probably has or can get all the parts you need. Farmers still use those things. Got all my 64 c60 brake parts from them including power brake booster. Be prepared to pay though. Not too bad, but enough.

5. Morgan Milstead

Morgan Milstead

This master cylinder set up is neat! It looks like a 30/30 chamber activates this whole thing and this will also double as emergency brakes as the rear half of the 30/30 chamber extends when air is released so it will act like a parking brake as well. This is a game changer for big hydraulic brake trucks as the systems can be very hard to get parts for.

6. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Truck doesn't have a pump on engine.