Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help with 1932 Roadster seat

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FourBangNCanuck, May 30, 2016.

1. FourBangNCanuck

FourBangNCanuck
    from ON, Canada

Hi Folks,

Trying to assemble my original 32 roadster, the orginal seat assembly has long been removed. The car came with a few interior bits and pieces loose in the trunk. No local cars here that I can look at.
    Looking for photos of the original seat set up - including the bottom pan, lower riser, and wooden back. Can anyone help me out? Hoping to find someone that has removed all the original stuff and swapped for a lower aftermarket hotrod setup. Thanks!

Attached Files:

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE likes this.
  2. It looks like you have the pan in place! You need to build/get the riser then seat frame that can be bought through LB.
    Mine is stock setup so these are some photos I have. Hope it gives you some ideas.
    006.JPG 009.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG Just realized I do not have a shot of the back seat area. Sorry about that. Again try a Lebaron Bonney Catalog.

Attached Files:

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

buy a Glide seat

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've done quite a few deuce reproduction highboys using Brookville bodies and the roadster seat from So-Cal as it puts the seat nice and low but when it came time for a seat for my gennie deuce roadster we built everything from scratch.

Baron likes this.

5. We used a late 80's S10 bench seat in ours. Narrowed the seat and back about 5-6" or so to fit in the cockpit. Back tilts forward for access. Added additional foam and re covered. Used the original seat bracket/slider but chopped it about an inch to get it as low as possible and clear tunnel.
    Hey, this was free and it works great. Plan on doing it again.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  6. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I removed the riser and put a 3 window seat in, bolted flat to the pan. It lowered the seat enough for me.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1464646825.680471.jpg

7. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

I have seen a couple of roadsters with coupe seats, was this very common back in the 40's? Like the OP I am almost to this point of my build (Brookville with flat floor).

8. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I built mine from plywood and 2x4's. Easy and cheap. Used dense foam for comfort and covered with the hide from a nauga.