Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help where do you live

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sdluck, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Same odds that you just posted this, I just saw it, and actually grew up not far from you in Covington, IN. ;)

2. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

North of Quincy, Il.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. @lothiandon1940, what the hell is a chuckleweiner?...... never mind, I don’t want to know.;)

5. ........You'll know one when it knocks on your door.:eek:;)

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, now I'm offended. Speaking for myself, and my fellow chuckleweiners out there, we're tired of being looked down upon by you uppity hot rodders. And for your information, we prefer ringing doorbells to knocking on doors...we have delicate hands...:p

7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Like mentioned, I can never understand why people put their birthdays out on the internet!What earthly reason would any forum need to know this? This is a very specific identification! Where I have to put in a birthdate I have a two fictional dates I always use. This keeps my privacy and security! I have no problem posting my home town and my first name. There are probably 250 of us in my town! Lol .Recently I have removed my last name from all things that I can, to improve security. Knowing approximate location is helpful. But putting too much info out puts you at risk. There are scammers out there all the time trying to get info on you! Don’t give them a head start! When they go to one of your areas and find you don’t give much info.... they will pass on you and go to the next easy guy!

Bones

8. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably a stupid question, but how do you go back and add a location to your profile?

9. Not a stupid question. Just click on the two circled areas and it takes you to a page you can edit your info (at least if using a computer and not the app).

Details.JPG

10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Albert the Bull is from Audubon Iowa. Red Oak is south of there. I was in Waxahachie a few weeks ago and saw the sign thou. Scan0585.jpg

11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Not filling out one's profile is a pet peeve of mine, and we even have a new member who runs a business that hasn't filled out his profile, so if I was interested in looking to do business with him I wouldn't know where to find him!

12. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You! I'll give it a try.

lothiandon1940 and guthriesmith like this.
  13. I’ll PM you Don’s address. Call first #BR-549 :)

14. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I don't get the pet peeve thing or why it bothers people if someone doesn't want to share their address. As far as a business owner, pm him if you need something from him? I'm not judging, I just find it odd that it bothers people that others don't list their addresses?

15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Just like to know the folks in your area. That way you know if it’s worth asking someone the price on an engine block.Or if you happen to be going near his area and could pick something up. I do a lot more business with my Missouri friends, than my California friends! Just common courtesy!

Bones

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. rudestude

rudestude

I think the IRS, Bail Bondsmen, Parole Officers , loan Officers just to name a few get a bit pissed when you just try to give them a approximate location.

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man. I've been meaning to stop by @lothiandon1940 Don's place...and bring him another fog light...it appears he's lost one:p zzzz.jpg

18. Well what is I am in Witsec? I mean hell if I am I really cant tell ya. Right? o_O:eek::rolleyes::D:D:D

chryslerfan55 and 5window like this.
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well... ya head north on the road that goes by Elmer's place. You'll be a passin' by the grainery, and 'ceptin' fer if yer blind, you'll see a big dairy farm on the left. That's not it. Keep goin'. Our pig farm is the next place just a piece up the road on the right. You'll know when yer gittin' close.

PS...I'm just being goofy as usual. No offense intended to no one, nowhere, no how.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  20. 5window

5window

I don't get this. How much would be enough for you? Political party, racial profile, name of my first grade teacher, bank account number? The information I share is my business to share, not your pleasure. When needed, I'll share every bit that will help. Other wise, please just enjoy my saucy commentary. Shoot, I even relish the fact that Google maps pings my location 100's of miles away. Of course, if you speak Russian, you can probably find me faster than the IRS. :)

21. sdluck

sdluck

I was asking for in what part of the world the are in not their address.

22. What kind of fish is that? It is big. I thought Salmon had teeth.

Where in Wheeling? I am South of there for now in Marshall County.

Reminds me of, well I don't have any beer at my house, only moonshine.:p We can go to the American Legion if you want beer.:cool: You don't hear any banjo music unless the neighbor is on his porch, he plays a fiddle too. Neighbors watch each others places and yes we all have 12 Gauge shotguns or rifles if you're out of range. We treat outsiders OK until we get to know you like all West Virginians.;) Then you will either be a friend or someone that doesn't come around. If you put my address into your GPS it will not take you to my home. You will need directions. :rolleyes:I will not tell you to "make a right where ole Jimbos barn burnt down eight years ago, go another fur piece to the Elm tree where Sam cut down in 1993 for firewood during the blizzard when we got 38" of snow and go for a distance to Joes red barn that he was going to paint white and proceed towards the crick for another piece until the fence disappears into the woods and make a left onto the newly paved road. Travel for about ten minutes and you will see the house on your right or left, however hand you write with.:confused: Time to head back to the garage that is on the same side of the road as the house.:D Yes, the above is all true.o_O Well most of it.:)

23. Mimilan

Mimilan

I live in the North Island of New Zealand

upload_2021-1-9_9-51-56.png

Stueeee, chryslerfan55, Baumi and 5 others like this.
  24. Hell, I would happy just knowing which planet some of these guys are from. ;) nah-noo nah-noo!

25. It’s a WV salmon. ;)
    I’m sorry, I know I’m going to hell....just couldn’t resist.
    PS: I love WV and I own a cabin in Morgan county along the Potomac.:)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  26. ......Could we get the exact address of that cabin? A couple of my friends want to stop by.:D;) DSCN2246.JPG

27. 5window

5window

Live in West, by God, Virginia for 10 years, long ago. Fine folks, and neighbors helped each other. I had a good friend who'd lived in Ritchie County for over 50 years, but was always an outsider since he'd only moved therein 1926. Directions in our valley were always "turn by the old Smith place", but EVERYBODY except us was a Smith. We built our own house, started raising a family, then moved when my wife and I went back to school (Alabama) then again when the WV country school couldn't handle the education needs of our kids. I went back two years ago, our house is still there but now it is 45 years old!

28. rudestude

rudestude

What???
    What kind of fish is that?
    It is big?....is it big?...they can be.
    I thought salmon had teeth?
    Back to the top...
    What kind of fish is that?
    You knew it was a salmon because you knew what it was when you expressed your knowledge of salmon having teeth...and yes they do have teeth.
    Whats that? I'm hearing.?..a banjo ?well hell I got to get my cigar box guitar out and go play.
    Waits just a minute now....
    WV salmon?
    What?
    Ok now..when they blasted that Nuclear plant down next door.....they said that stuff falling from the sky was just concrete powder and dust?
    I'm gone...and Im not were I said I was...ok I am..no place else to go.
    NOTICE OF INTENT: This was done for entertainment purposes only and not meant in any way to discredit or insult anyone.

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. I put my town and state in my profile, if anyone knows where Rickreall is they were looking for something else.... move along, nothin to see here!

30. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I too included my town and state. The only reason folks come to Chenango Forks is to get drunk or get gas...1 bar, 1 convenience store. My place is impossible to find...I can only find it 1/2 the time...and I live there